Very sorry, but this is about rooting....

Last Updated:

1. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 19, 2010
    Firstly, I'd like to apologise profusely about starting a new thread, once again, about rooting the clean jesus outta my phone. I will try to keep it as humorous as possible, you know... to keep it a bit different.
    Well here I am, a boy with hopes and dreams... When I was younger, it was all about being an inventor, it was being an astronaut... Everything. Now, its all about mortgages, bills and all the other shite that teachers never mentioned when I was growing up. That would've help instead of patting my head, saying 'well done johnny. Now draw an astronaut.' not 'well johnny, there is no space program here so you may consider that bubble busted... But instead here's what a pretend paycheck. Here is the mortgage amount including all the other bullshit that's added to it. You need to deduct that from your pay, and have enough for alcohol to help you forget about the credit card debt you'll be in... And have enough left over for essentials'
    That would've helped more...
    But here I am. I play in a band and manage a shop, that's about it... We're doing well albeit.
    But now, finally, android (possibly) are rolling 2.2 out tomorrow.
    Chances are, my network will say ' no, we need to look at it first. You may have it in 2012.'
    So I say, big hairy onions to that. If the network want to do that, get them to buck off the rom... So...
    By 'rooting', I know that this is the case for this to occur. But is debranding possible without losing htc sense? I just don't need the operator logo pop up every time I switch my phone on. I bought the ****ing thing! I know what network I'm on!

So ladies and gents. Is this possible? Is it?
    Everyone who helps gets a gold star.

2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    No worries. Merely rooting it won't lose you Sense forever. Whether or not you have Sense depends on the ROM you flash. I understand that, right now, there're now Sense 2.2 ROMs available for the Desire already. Check out Modaco.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

May 25, 2010
    Yes and they're no longer ported from nexus one. They're from the leaked.official release