Very strange calendar behaviour since froyo updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. wrigglesworth

wrigglesworth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded the update yesterday evening, and today I've noticed something pretty weird in my calendar. On the phone (HTC Desire) every day is stuffed full of dozens of repeating appointments, mainly birthdays. These are set to recur not just on the day they should be on, but on every day of the year. These appointments are only on the phone calendar, not on my online Google calendar. What is even more bizarre is that these repeating events come from my old Palm OS device. I don't ever remember importing them to the phone!

It makes no difference whether I use the phone's built-in calendar or Jorte (which is what I usually use). Forcing the phone and google to sync makes no difference either.

Does anyone know what's going on here?? The calendar on the phone is now effectively unusable.

Advertisement
  2. wrigglesworth

wrigglesworth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK. problem solved by some calm reflection. What was happening was that the phone had decided to link the calendar not just to my main gmail account, but also to another gmail account which I'd played around with when I first got the phone. I must have attempted (unsucessfully) to copy my Palm appointments to that account. And now suddenly they were popping back up on the phone calendar, and swamping everything else. I just went into the phone calendar settings and deselected that account for display.

I'm guessing when you first install froyo it decides to display all google calendars it can find.