• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Very Strange Droid Behavior

riffdex

Android Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2010
I was messing around w/ apps/etc on my Droid like usual. All of the sudden something seems to have gone wrong w/ it. I don't know exactly what I was doing when this happened, but a lot of things have changed. The first thing I noticed was my lock pattern screen (which I keep turned on) was off. And I saw the lock screen that is circular and has the date and time in the middle of the screen. I have heard discussion about the circular lock screen, but never personally had it. So I immediately was confused when my Droid screen turned on and I saw this. Now my Droid isn't able to save some settings properly. I keep going to Settings and turn on lock pattern screen and check it, when I leave the settings and go back, it is back to being unchecked. Also my screen timeout happens after only a few seconds. I had it set to a minute and now it times out very quickly. I went to settings to change this and that setting does not save properly either. Then, out of nowhere, all my apps on the home screen just disappeared. It's like my Droid is losing it's ability to save user data. I have no idea what brought this on, and need help please... Running Sholes ROM smoked glass (I think) with regular home screen (not launcher). running at 600 MHz.

I only rebooted it after all this happened, because I wanted to see if it would fix the problem with settings (It didn't fix that, nor did it fix the icons being missing). I understand your theory about it somehow recovering to 2.0, because, quite frankly, this whole situation doesn't make sense, but that might explain it. The only problem is, it was never rebooted from the time I was using it to the time all this randomly happened. Also, my Droid was 2.0.1 at stock, so I don't see how it could recover itself to 2.0, though admittedly, I don't know much about how Droids work. Also, just now waking up and attempting to use the Droid to reply in this thread, I noticed it was going EXTREMELY SLOW! I checked SetCPU and it says it's running at 600 MHz. I was typing a reply to this thread and it was taking like 1 second for each letter to show up, this was VERY slow behavior. I'm not sure if this is a related problem, but I came across this thread: http://androidforums.com/support-tr...ange-serious-problem-w-my-droid-plz-help.html

Upvote 0
A similar thing happened to me today too. I unlocked my phone and my home screen was blank and there were no recently running applications. I'm running it unrooted, a reboot fixed it though. Still, very strange behavior and one of the many bugs that need fixing (another is being unable to answer calls with no answer swipe bar, or often not being able to end calls).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones