Very strange symptoms

Last Updated:

1. uberbdon

uberbdon Member This Topic's Starter

Quick rundown on what I've done to my DX: First got it, OTA 2.2 update, rooted, then deodexed with 928droid's black glass deodexerrr, then installed incognito theme.

Alright, after I installed the Icognito theme yesterday, a few hours later, a few strange things started happening. My 3g cut out, googled around, and tried dialing *228 then option 1. A few minutes later the 3g came back on but eventually quit working again. I tried a battery pull a few times, nothing. Then I tried the *228 again, nothing.

Second, I have this damn "Memory usage" thing on my homescreen that I have no idea where it came from.

Lastly, now whenever I reboot my phone, it boots automatically into clockwork recovery. When I'm in clockwork and hit "reboot now", it boots up fine.

Here's a screenshot for more info on what I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

If anyone can help me out I'd VERY much appreciate it. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

The memory usage indicator is something that got turned on in Launcher Pro. Go to menu >preferences >advanced settings >scroll all the way to the bottom and take the check mark out of the "Display memory usage" box. I'll do some checking and see if I can find anything on your other issues.

uberbdon likes this.
  3. uberbdon

Appreciate the quick reply. This 3g thing is freaking me out. I'll try using an older backup before I try and return my phone to verizon.

4. uberbdon

AHA! I figured it out! I went into the market, and it told me I had to enable background data, so it brought me to the screen to turn it on. VIOLA! I feel so ******ed, knew the fix would be easy, though. Now how about the booting into clockwork? :)

5. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

i had the same 3G thing on 928BlackGlass. It was nearly impossible to remove the theme, I had to add a new ROM, and then reinstall the one I am currently using to remove any traces of it.

6. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I use the 928 BGX theme and have not had any 3G issues at all.

7. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

+1. Awesome theme btw