• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Very weak UMTS signal, losing data connection, GMS works fine

lampak

Lurker
Aug 8, 2012
Hi. I've got a problem with a Droid 3. GMS works fine but when I enable UMTS I get a very weak signal, around one bar. Mobile data sometimes-somewhat works but keeps disconnecting constantly.

So it gives me a choice between terribly slow but reliable EDGE and fast but fussy 3G. Neither of them is a compelling option :/

It's not a carrier issue, other phones have full strength in the same area.

Has someone here had a similar problem? Do you know of any solution?

Hi. I've got a problem with a Droid 3. GMS works fine but when I enable UMTS I get a very weak signal, around one bar. Mobile data sometimes-somewhat works but keeps disconnecting constantly.

So it gives me a choice between terribly slow but reliable EDGE and fast but fussy 3G. Neither of them is a compelling option :/

It's not a carrier issue, other phones have full strength in the same area.

Has someone here had a similar problem? Do you know of any solution?

heres a fix to the problem
Wrong UMTS signal indication on XT862 [Fixed!!!] - xda-developers

download ES File Explore,go into the \system\ directory and change the line in build.prop

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones