Very Weak Wifi signal????Support

Last Updated:

1. kingigor55

kingigor55 New Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 22, 2009
    I seem to have a very weak wifi signal. Like when i turn on wifi it shows 2 networks IU Wireless and IU Guest (Indiana University wifi, I live on campus). I connect to IU Wireless and it shows Excellent signal strength prior to connecting. Once I connect I see my Wifi bar go down to its very first bar usually meaning Poor/Fair.

Now when I'm using internet it rarley works. Once in a blue boon it'll get some connection and quickly load something then go back to having network connection errors. My campus has excellent Wifi signal strenght, my Ps3 detects 98% signal strength usually, my laptop is around 95 and my desktop also is wireless usually in mid to upper 90s % signal strength. I tried talking to the IT support they said they did everything possible to make sure the MAC address is registered right and i'm sure it is since like I said once in a bluemoon it will actually load a web page properly.

I tried walking around campus outside even to see if maybe it was my building causing problems, but no where on campus does it seem to work properly. Starting to think this phone just has a bad receiver because my roomates all have wifi on their phones and theirs never had any issues and work 100%.

And no I don't require a login to use the internet, it just needs to be registered to the Indiana University network, which it is.

Ugh this is really ticking me off since I have ATT and NO data plan. I erased all APN's since I don't want any accident data charges. I do not wish to have data plan nor can I afford it, so don't try to convince me of getting it.

Can anyone help me? I tried Wifilock and it seemed to help for few seconds, but now its back to not working again.