• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Very wierd problem

Balsingh

Lurker
Nov 30, 2013
Hi all,

My note 3 has developed a very strange problem.
About once a day the pattern lock will stop working (the phone will just open up on the home screen when I lift open the s view cover)
Also windows animations seem to stop at that time and when i try to use the camera it doesn't initialise it. The stock camera app loads but remains with a Black screen.

The only way to fix this is to reboot the phone but the Normal power menu doesn't appear when you hold down the power button (power off/restart/sound modes). I have to hold down the power button until the phone reboots.

I can't figure out what is causing this.
I really don't want to wipe and reset the phone cos it takes ages to set it up again.

Has anyone else faced anything similar to this?

Many thanks for any responses.

On a suggestion from a battery life thread I've been restarting the phone every morning before I unplug it off the charger. It works wonders for the stability of the phone. It would probably squash this bug for you too.

If that doesn't do it for you try looking at the running program list when you see the problem and try to eliminate the app that's causing the issue by trial and error. It's almost always a run away app that does stuff like this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones