Last Updated: 2012-12-19 21:56:19
  1. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

bump. I'd like to know as well.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. itzsleepy

itzsleepy New Member

I just ordered on from ********* as well. It says shipping date of 12/23. I will post again once I know if this is the one that charges as well as docks.
  3. chriscardinal

chriscardinal Member

It looks like a big fat negatory on that:

SAMSUNG

In the case of the Verizon Wireless Galaxy
  4. machiz7888

machiz7888 Well-Known Member

5. chriscardinal

chriscardinal Member

Yeah, I noticed that... it's even more confusing now.
  6. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

so, um, yay?
  7. chriscardinal

chriscardinal Member

No, the verbiage all around it points out that the Verizon Nexus will absolutely not be compatible with the GSM docks, so it's more likely that they screwed up the model number in at least one instance. The other two seem different in model number than their GSM counterparts, but all of these numbers are unreliable or incredibly difficult to track down authoritatively.

Also, really wondering about the landscape desktop dock and pogo ports resting on the right side: this completely removes access to the power button and, thus, screen control... what do we do for that?

Ugh.
  8. theotherrogue

theotherrogue Well-Known Member

All we need to get is just one person who actually has an LTE Nexus and access to a GSM-version (3-pin) car dock.

If anyone out there can check to see if the LTE Nexus will work in the GSM dock, I'll be able to make a decision on what to order... I don't want to go too long without a vehicle dock but I also want the 3-pin option if at all possible.

:(
  9. KrazyKarl

KrazyKarl Member

I (and atleast one other person in this thread) have ordered the dock from *********, but it says it won't ship till 12/23, so in a couple weeks we should have our answer. I'd be willing to bet that it either works out of the box, or with a little modification to the dock. .57mm isn't a huge difference in thickness and it should be possible to make up the difference somewhere.
    theotherrogue likes this.
  10. bvo26

bvo26 Member

I think you have that backwards. They actually took the time to f their customers by gimping and locking down their products. It'd be easy to just take the docks that samsung announced like the rest of the world. It took extra effort to make this change, which is pretty infuriating.

11. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

Edit: Erm nevermind.
  12. KrazyKarl

KrazyKarl Member

Was looking at the page for verizon's dock and it's interesting that it is showing as 5 star reviewed, when all the reviewers are complaining about it not having the pins to charge it. Its best review was 2 stars and all the rest were 1 star. In the review break down it shows features as 5 stars but all the reviewers have 1 star.

Verizon is full of BS.
    desqjockey, theWUbear and eyc like this.
  13. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member

Others are mentioning that the GNEX fits in the Verizon car dock pretty
    GhostInTheDark likes this.
  14. kklier

kklier Well-Known Member

Weird, that is the same as the GSM dock to be sold here:

Genuine Samsung Galaxy Nexus Vehicle Dock - ECS-K1F2BEGSTD

This one has the pogo pins I thought.
  15. ranadana

ranadana Member

check out this docking system, it mounts to your car dash instead. I have a Prius & the windshield is so angled the suction types wouldn't work for me. there are 2 parts you have to order if you have never used it before, a car specific mount & a phone specific holder. after that its just the holder you replace when you change phones. i don't know if it has the type of connector you all are looking for, it uses the mini usb, but it is permanently attached so shouldn't bend or wiggle. I've used ProClip for both my Eris & DInc with no port damage.
    super nice set-up!

Dual Select Listing*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices
  16. jrob007

jrob007 Well-Known Member

17. STABBAAAR

STABBAAAR Member

alostpacket likes this.
  18. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

They must have just posted these as I did a search yesterday for them and found nothing. I have a proclip one I bought used, and while it's nice, I don't think I'd ever pay the price they want for the charging one. Let hope someone else comes out with one soon.
  19. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

20. Jay3

Jay3 Well-Known Member

Verizon is run by a bunch of Sith. I just know they're trying to screw us somehow. And the dock is one my killer accessories.

I can't believe they would even try to sell that one without the pin connections for $40. That's just evil, and it makes me sure that something screwy is up.
    teddyearp likes this.
  21. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

22. ndwgolf

ndwgolf Well-Known Member

What does the suction thing stick too.........is it the dash or the wind screen???? Anyone got any pictures of it installed in there car???
  23. acr89

acr89 Active Member

I will probably be buying the $60 ProClip mount and plastic welding in a 3.5mm audio jack. That is if it comes out before the Samsung one is available (assuming LTE GN fits that). I also use my phone mounted on the dash rather than the windshield so It'd be nice to ditch the whole suciton cup assembly and still have charging/audio options.
  24. BankZ

BankZ Well-Known Member

Is there even a "dock" mode in the galaxy nexus? as a temp work-around I am trying to use tasker to put in it dock mode when connected to BlueTooth and have it start a 3rd party app. The problem is, its not going to dock mode so none of the apps are taking control of the home button :(

I really want a car dock that uses the 3 prongs :(
  25. acr89

acr89 Active Member

Just use tasker to have it go into car mode when it's being charged. I always found car dock modes to be annoying anyway :)