• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Viber crashes

Hello,

I have noticed a problem with Viber application. It crashes after 5 minutes or more during a call, i am using WiFi network to use Viber but it always crashes after 5-6 minutes.
Also, sometimes it says "Not enough memory" when i am trying to send pictures through viber to other users. Then i have to restart my phone and the picture goes smoothly. I am using Advanced Task Killer app but i dont know why it still gives such errors of not enough memory.

Pease help!

Thanks for your response.

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!

@Masterboy123- Hi! Thanks for reporting, we would appreciate if you contact our support team at: Your ticket details | Viber Support and elaborate on the issue.

If anyone has any questions/suggestions for Viber, please feel free to let us know, and we will address them shortly.
Thanks,
Viber Team

Upvote 0
Hi,
It's been 2 days that i receive the following notification from viber on my samsung galaxy S2:
an unexpected error occurred forcing the application to stop. please help us fix this by sending us error data, all u have 2 do is click ok.
When i clicked ok, then an email is sent to viber to notify them about the problem...but the notification are becoming repeatedly annoying and i am currently ignoring them. Can somebody please advise what to do?.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi,
It's been 2 days that i receive the following notification from viber on my samsung galaxy S2:
an unexpected error occurred forcing the application to stop. please help us fix this by sending us error data, all u have 2 do is click ok.
When i clicked ok, then an email is sent to viber to notify them about the problem...but the notification are becoming repeatedly annoying and i am currently ignoring them. Can somebody please advise what to do?.
Thanks.

Hi,
How often do you receive this error message?

Also, did you make sure you have the latest version of Viber installed? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Viber? (note that this will unfortunately result in the deletion of your chat history)

Upvote 0
Hi,
How often do you receive this error message?

Also, did you make sure you have the latest version of Viber installed? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Viber? (note that this will unfortunately result in the deletion of your chat history)

Yeah, I've also had this problem, pretty much since version 2.2.1 one came out. I have an HTC One X (Tegra3) with Android 4.0.3, and firmware 1.29.708.15

If I switch my phone on and don't open Viber, it will crash after some time. I think it has to do with losing (or regaining) data connectivity.

Edit: reported to Viber with Ticket: #NTE-641-56179

Upvote 0
I have the same problem as charlie7 and maybe from the same date somehow. It's very annoying, more than ten to fifteen times a day viber crashes and it restarts soon again. I also send reports for few first times, but now just delete notification.

I have HTC One V with Android 4.0.3.
Viber version 2.2.1.21
I tried reinstalling, but did't help.

Any solution??

Upvote 0
I have the same problem as charlie7 and maybe from the same date somehow. It's very annoying, more than ten to fifteen times a day viber crashes and it restarts soon again. I also send reports for few first times, but now just delete notification.

I have HTC One V with Android 4.0.3.
Viber version 2.2.1.21
I tried reinstalling, but did't help.

Any solution??

2.2.2 crashed just after I installed it, but not since.

Upvote 0
@lovrinjo -
Has the problem been resolved on the latest 2.2.2 update as well?

Meanwhile, please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android compatible with Viber (system requirements)? | Viber Support
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have noticed a problem with Viber application. It crashes after 5 minutes or more during a call, i am using WiFi network to use Viber but it always crashes after 5-6 minutes.
Also, sometimes it says "Not enough memory" when i am trying to send pictures through viber to other users. Then i have to restart my phone and the picture goes smoothly. I am using Advanced Task Killer app but i dont know why it still gives such errors of not enough memory.

Pease help!:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::(

Upvote 0
Are you using Atrix?

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android compatible with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Upvote 0
I have a problem making /receiving call with viber.

I have been using viber for couple of years and since 2 weeks ago, when I receive/make a viber call and after the call is established, viber crashes and says stopped unexpectedly. I tried people suggestions by uninstalling and installing and restarting the phone, but the problem is still there.

My phone is Motorola G (MotoG) and using android kitKat 4.4.2. I got this phone couple of months ago and it was working on it for several weeks and now it's not working anymore. I can send and receive messages but when i receive a call, it crashes at the beginning of the call.

Upvote 0
I have a problem making /receiving call with viber.

I have been using viber for couple of years and since 2 weeks ago, when I receive/make a viber call and after the call is established, viber crashes and says stopped unexpectedly. I tried people suggestions by uninstalling and installing and restarting the phone, but the problem is still there.

My phone is Motorola G (MotoG) and using android kitKat 4.4.2. I got this phone couple of months ago and it was working on it for several weeks and now it's not working anymore. I can send and receive messages but when i receive a call, it crashes at the beginning of the call.

I am also having the same problem as other users. I have motorola G, KITKAT 4.4. It's worth mentioning that Viber was working on the same device on android 4.3 but soon after the update reports' viber stopped unexpectdley' as soon as the call is connnected wither from my side or from others. Is there a solution to this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones