• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Viber is here for Android (update at post 65)!!!

@ral -
This is a known issue, and we're working to fix it right now. We should have an update available in PlayStore hopefully soon.

@essurendran -
You can either add it inside Viber's contact list, or add it in your native phone contact list.

Thanks. No problem, will wait.

You guys will never go away will you. Best Customer Service and Tech Support of any app in Google Play.

Upvote 0
@dragonkiller -
This is a known problem with the new update for some users, and we're working at the moment to fix it. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we should put up a new update on Play Store hopefully soon.

@ral -
Haha... nope. We're here to stay, and provide assistance ;)
Thanks for your kind compliments!

Upvote 0
Reverted back to Version 2.2.2 sorted battery drain.

Noticed a new version released September 30, 2012:

What's in this version:
v2.2.3:
* Issue with proximity sensor was resolved
Also including the new features from v2.2:
* Group Messaging: you can now send free messages to groups of friends.
* Assign a custom background to conversation.
* Photos were added to the Contacts list.
And more...

That was fast. Will try it later.

Upvote 0
hey i got a desire hd and installed viber on it...i tried to use that but it says that viber is currently unavailable or being blocked...and all of a sudden after 2 days it worked fine for some hours and then again the same prob...

i tried re installing it nd now it says that u must be connected to the internet though i am but still it has probs...

helppppppppppp pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Upvote 0
hey i got a desire hd and installed viber on it...i tried to use that but it says that viber is currently unavailable or being blocked...and all of a sudden after 2 days it worked fine for some hours and then again the same prob...

i tried re installing it nd now it says that u must be connected to the internet though i am but still it has probs...

helppppppppppp pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi,
What country are you located in? Which cellular network?
Also, does this problem occur on both 3G and WiFi networks?

Upvote 0
Im in Pakistan.. Ufone is the cellular network
the problem occurs on wifi network as well as my cellular company's internet facility

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

* Note that some mobile operators across the world block Viber on their 3G network. Usually this happens when users have a "simple" data plan (or a prepaid contract), meaning they didn't pay extra for using VoIP on their 3G network.

In order to verify this, we recommend that you contact your cell company and confirm this with them.

Reactions: ral
Upvote 0
Hi Viber Support?

I'm currently in Toowooba, Australia. I'm already a user/fan of Viber for two months or so.

However, this morning I haven't been able to send messages. I uninstalled the service.

When I'm trying to install it again, I have this error:
Viber: Free Calls & Messages could not be downloaded due to an error. (923)

Is viber down? or is this something else?

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Viber system is currently experiencing connectivity issues. This is related to our hosting provider (Amazon) that is having a major problem that also affects many other services worldwide.

Amazon is on it, and we hope that with their help we'll be able to restore Viber's service soon.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Upvote 0
Viber,

Why does Viber take minutes off my cell phone bill, shows no number though. I thought that this is free. Using Android. Motorola Razr. Do I have it set up correctly?

Hi,

Viber itself is totally free, meaning we (Viber) don't charge anything from you.

Since Viber uses the internet, both sides of the conversation must be connected to either WiFi or 3G. If a user is connected to WiFi - that user is not paying anything for sure. If the user is connected to 3G, the user *may* be paying his cell company for the data (about 0.3MB per minute of call), but that depends on the specific data plan that he has with his cellular company, and needs to be verified with them.

* Note that when a user is abroad using the cellular network (and not WiFi), there may be high Roaming charges by your cellular company for the data used.

Upvote 0
Hi there,
As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
- Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
- Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
- Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
- Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
- Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
- Many other enchancements and improvements.

So, make sure you download the latest version! :)
Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
Viber Team

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have been an iPhone user for over a year (iPhone 4s) and one of the MAIN reasons I own a smartphone is because of Viber & Whatsapp. Viber for iPhone was hit and miss. I used it 9/10 times with a wifi connection and the main person that I use it with uses it only with a 3G connection. Sometimes it went perfect sometimes it would hang and we would have to redial etc.

I've just changed to Android two days ago after selling my iPhone as I know android is quite decent from having owned a T-Mobile G1 when it first came out.

The phone is brilliant and whatsapp works just as it should.

Viber?! I have yet to be able to make a call lasting more than 4 seconds before it freezes my phone and the only way out it to remove the battery and restart it.

It shouldnt be like this or to this extent should it?

I have a HTC Desire C running ICS 4.0.3 on T-Mobile UK. The viber that I installed from the GooglePlay store through my phone is version 2.3.0.694 (this is the first and only version I have installed on my HTC so I have nothing to compare it with in regards to Android).

I use the Viber in the same place still with WiFi. I tried it with 3G and same issue.

Atleast with the iPhone I was getting decent calls sometimes but with this I cannot even get more than 4 seconds and then it freezes the phone.

I have removed viber and reinstalled it with the same problem.

Does someone know where I can download a previous version from or can someone advise me how to get it working?

I have sent Viber a email through their website but they haven't responded to me since yesterday so I am assuming they problem take a few days to get back in touch however if someone else is available to help me please let me know.

I am new to this forum and to firums to general! Usually I just spectate until I find an answer to a question I have but I cant find anything on my phone so please bare with me!

I just want viber to work! I dont care about the versions or what else it can do. Just need it for calls.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,

Please note that Viber does not officially support HTC Desire C yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android compatible with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones