Vibrant death grip?Support

Last Updated:

1. Truo621

Truo621 Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone else notice that they lose service when the hold the bottom sides or bottom of the phone?
    (as of now)When i hold my phone from the top sides of my phone i have 3 bars, but when I hold the bottom sides or bottom of the phone, it drops to 0 bars instantly. I didn't see any vibrant forums for this problem yet so am I the only one?

Advertisement
  2. Truo621

*I dont have a case on it either*

3. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Ive had no bars showing and ive still been able to make and recieve calls. My signal seems to fluctuate quite a bit but it hasnt made a difference making calls.

4. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

No big deal. Especially if you avoid the "death grip."

Citation: Technology's biggest myths - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - msnbc.com

And: iPhone vs. Everybody: Battle of the Smartphone Death Grips - PCWorld Business Center

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I lose no bars when I hold it in that area

6. darksandz93

darksandz93 Well-Known Member

i noticed this the first day i got my vibrant about over a month ago......I called tmobile about it and even the representative said he has it too, but honestly i've never dropped a call, my speedtest says its over 2mbps so i honestly dont care much for it, i just get OCD about not having the phone displaying any bars though..

7. bamcclure

bamcclure Member

Just how hard are you squeezing it? I squeezed mine quite hard.... no lose of signal for me, nor do I have a case....

8. Truo621

lol im just holding it normally, as long as i get any dropped calls or anything like yall say then i guess im good:)

9. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

I can't seem to get much of a signal when I'm in the shower. Dunno why. :rolleyes:

10. vamp6x6x6x

vamp6x6x6x Well-Known Member

It seems my bars are always going up and down but I don't find the reading of the bars to be actuate because I still seem to be able to text and make calls np even when I have no bars

11. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

The Vibrant continues to impress. Yesterday, my wife and I drove through an area where we always (100% drop rate) used to drop calls. This has been true for the last 7 years with Tmo. Before entering the "drop zone" I placed a call and we stayed connected the entire way. :D