Vibrant Doesn't Stop Shocking Me!!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. DavDroid

DavDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

My Vibrant started shocking me today! At first it was just a shock here or there...I figured it was just because of static electricity, but as I went to pick it up a few minutes ago it wouldn't stop...it shocked me about 3-4 times very rapidly. Is this normal? It is plugged in via USB to my laptop. I'm still within the 2 week period, so I can go back and return it to Wal-Mart, but this is my 2nd vibrant I would be exchanging!!!!!

Thank you for your help!!!

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Take it back and exchange. NOT normal!!!!

DavDroid likes this.
  3. DavDroid

That's what I figured...it seems like all I have had is bad luck with this phone!! The first one powered of by itself..and now this one shocks me!!! This is getting to be a little frustrating!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

4. BookLover

Maybe you have a "magnetic" personality and don't know it!! LOL

Get another one. Try going to another Walmart. Could be that the one you've been going to got a bad batch of Vibrants.

5. DavDroid

lol..the funny thing is that both of the Vibrant's are from different Wal Marts..lol

I'm probably going to drive down there this weekend.

Thanks again!!!

6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Take it back before it blows. Seriously.

DavDroid likes this.
  7. DavDroid

I took it back and now I'm on my third one.

Thank you!!!

8. DavDroid

Ok, this Vibrant seems to be shocking me as well!!! It wasn't shocking me as much as the other one, so I was just going to keep it and deal with it becasue since this one was doing the same thing I figured it truly was static electricity.

Well, today as I held my phone in my hand and the USB cord in the other (connected to my laptop) I went to plug my phone in and as soon as the charger made contact with the charger port on the phone!!! Any ideas?? Does this sound like an issue with the laptop instead? Is my phone still safe to use since I have been given these shocks? (Not sure if this might have damaged some of the software). Also, after I received that shock from plugging in the charger some of my USB devices stopped working (Wireless mouse etc..)..They work now, but I found this to be strange that they stopped working after I received that shock.

Thank you!!!!

9. BookLover

Maybe you actually have a faulty cable or a faulty USB in the laptop...or both!

Have you tried charging with a different cable and/or different computer port?

You need to do some tests to figure out if it's really the phone or the cable or the usb in your laptop.

It's probable that the shocks have caused issues with your Vibrant. Return this one, but don't charge it using the same methods above until you've figured out where the issue lies. At this point I doubt it's your Vibrant.

Good luck!

DavDroid likes this.
  10. DavDroid

I don't think it's the cord since everytime I exchange the Vibrant I return the cord and get everything new. The only thing is that Wal-Mart has been giving me the whole "Well, this is our policy and we really shouldn't be exchanging it bast the 14 days" I told him that each time I exchange it that it should be 14 days from that date...this is what T-mobile has told me, but Wal-Mart says they have their own policy that is not part of T-mobile..that only leaves one thing for me to do if Wal-Mart refuses to take it back..send it in to T-Mobile, which is what I didn't want to do.

Thank for your help!!!

11. DavDroid

Ok, I'm on my fourth vibrant! lol...Hopefully, this one has nothing wrong with it.

The girl was very nice, but hopefully she didn't give me the same charger cord. My son was keeping me busy and I couldn't see what she was doing. As long as the cord isn't used on the defective laptop...Do you think there might be an issue using the same cord? It might be a new cord, but like I said I didn't get a good look at what she was doing.

Thank you!!!

12. techsaint

techsaint New Member

I just wanted to add my experience to this, just in case others are having similar problems.

I am having the same exact issue. I'am already on my second vibrant. My first one was a launch vibrant, and this new one has a build date of 11.02 (feb 2011). The phone shocks me at least 3 times a day, and not only that, the phone seems to interfere (and possibly damage) my expensive noise canceling headphones. The damage to the headphones correlates to when i stopped using my iPod as a podcast listening device and switched to google listen. I have now went through 2 different sets of 199+ headphones and now the third one is acting up (luckily, this last one was a replacement...so no extra change for me). I am going to return these and either go wireless bluetooth headphones or go back to an ipod for music/podcasts.

I'd love to know if other galaxy S phones (Epic, Fascinate, etc) are having similar issues.