• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vibrant dropped at over 200 feet

anth.trinh

Lurker
Feb 2, 2010
My phone slipped out of my pocket yesterday on a roller coaster on six flags magic mountain.

They luckily found my phone. Here it is. The battery and back case wasn't found.

I talked to the park attendent and once I said " Hey my phone fell out of my pocket"

He said "Lemme guess? The last loop? Don't worry, it happens all the time"

FML

46640_488994944055_608359055_6807678_4134467_n.jpg

My phone slipped out of my pocket yesterday on a roller coaster on six flags magic mountain.

They luckily found my phone. Here it is. The battery and back case wasn't found.

I talked to the park attendent and once I said " Hey my phone fell out of my pocket"

He said "Lemme guess? The last loop? Don't worry, it happens all the time"

FML

OMG, memories!!!!!!!!!!! I use to go to Magic Mountain years ago. Which Magic Mountain do you go to?

Consider yourself lucky that it was only your phone that got damaged, you could have been decapitated if you didn't have your head on your shoulders. Thank god you didn't jump the fence, remember this awful story a few years ago: Basically a teenager was on the ride, and his baseball cap flew off his head. So when he got off the ride, he wanted his baseball cap back. So he jumped 2 fences to get his cap. Sadly what happend next is horrific. The roller coaster was approaching, and he didn't realize. The on coming roller coaster struck him in the head, instantly decapitating him.
Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster - Video

PS....you can find a replacement screen as someone else mentioned in a different thread, for under 70 bucks delivered, and you could probably replace the screen yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
OMG, memories!!!!!!!!!!! I use to go to Magic Mountain years ago. Which Magic Mountain do you go to?

Consider yourself lucky that it was only your phone that got damaged, you could have been decapitated if you didn't have your head on your shoulders. Thank god you didn't jump the fence, remember this awful story a few years ago: Basically a teenager was on the ride, and his baseball cap flew off his head. So when he got off the ride, he wanted his baseball cap back. So he jumped 2 fences to get his cap. Sadly what happend next is horrific. The roller coaster was approaching, and he didn't realize. The on coming roller coaster struck him in the head, instantly decapitating him.
Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster - Video

The last time I was at Magic Mountain (in Valencia, CA) cell phones didn't even exist!

And I remember hearing about that accident. There's usually a reason for fences you see.

Upvote 0
I can't tell if the phone didn't work. The park workers were only able to find my phone, no back case nor battery. Sim card and SD card was intact amazingly.

The werid thing is, 3 other people/reports of the same phone was lost on the same ride, on the same day on the same loop. So I was the first one to get to lost and found. And they had me call tmobile to get the IME number to match it. Luckily it was mine haha.

Yeah i have insurane on it so I'm going to contact tmobile later today to get this situation fixed. I never backed up any of my stuff ugh, so much app downloading again.

Upvote 0
The last time I was at Magic Mountain (in Valencia, CA) cell phones didn't even exist!

And I remember hearing about that accident. There's usually a reason for fences you see.

You know, amusement parks are kinda scary. You have teenagers operating the rides. Sure it doesn't take much skill to press the button to start a ride, but it does take someone with maturity to react properly if something horrible happens. I've seen ride operaters using cell phones, laughing, not even paying attention.

This is stupid, really stupid of me. When I was younger, I was at magic mountain, on one of those carnival type rides that spin in circles really fast. Well I had been on rides all day, and as soon as this ride started, I knew, boy oh boy I was about to puke. The ride started, and I was able to wiggle myself out of the lap bar and jump off the ride as it was starting to spin. The operator some girl freaked out and stoped the ride, but it was too late, I was already off the ride and running away to throw up. Wow, boy was that a stupid thing to do on my part, think about how badly that could have turned out. 1 dumb mistake could have led to my death. Next time, I'll just stay in my seat and barf all over myself.
This is why you never know what life has in store for you, freak accidents happen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones