Vibrant E-Mail Notification....and Bluetooth SpeeddialSupport

Last Updated:

1. Polaris_999

Polaris_999 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I picked up a Bell Vibrant about a month ago, and love it so far, but noticed recently that my e-mail notification only works for about a day, then stops working altogether, and I have to physically open my e-mail in order for my phone to poll for new mail or reboot the phone. If I reboot the phone, I'll get notified of new incoming mail.... for about a day, then it stops again. I don't want to make it a habit of having to reboot my phone each morning just for the sake of getting notified of incoming mail. I should mention that SMS message notification works fine, all the time.

Also, I have a Blueant Q1 Bluetooth headset, which worked like a charm on my previous phone (mind you, it wasn't a smart phone, just your run-of-the-mill garden variety cell phone), and I can't for the life of me get the 9 Speed dial numbers in sync with what my Vibrant lists the 9 Speed dial numbers are. For example, if I use the voice command "Call Speed Dial 3", my headset responds "Call Speed Dial 3. Is this correct?" to which I reply "Yes", then the phone proceeds to call....Speed dial 5, and I'm left to scramble to disconnect the call. If I try other numbers, again, the headset responds asking the correct number, but the phone calls a different one!

Is anyone else experiencing these problems, and if so, is there a way that I can fix them?

Currently, my phone is a stock Bell Mobility GT-I9000M, NOT rooted.

More details:

Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
    Baseband version: I9000UGJH2
    Kernel version: 2.6.29 darae.ahn 'at' sep-20 #2 (replace the 'at' with the at symbol and take away the spaces before and after - had to post this way due to restrictions on my profile... sigh.... [​IMG] )
    Build Number: ECLAIR.UGJH2

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Advertisement