• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vibrant Froyo update - Camera Problems

swagmasta

Lurker
Aug 7, 2011
Ok, so this may seem a little unusual but as of recently i've updated 3 samsung vibrants to froyo, 2 of them work great, but the last one i did has camera problems where, when i turn on the camera app it comes up with a warning error and then turns it off. now, this is where the unusual part is. when I TURN OFF the wifi on the phone, the error does come up but not immediately (i get a few minutes of using the camera) and then it turns off. so I figured something with the internet is the problem so i went on and turned off the data usage, (so the phone doesnt use the network internet) and the problem disappears completely. My camera works fine. NOW if the internet really is the reason why my camera doesnt work, how can i, if there is any way, prevent just the camera from having access to the internet, and still continue to use my phone normally. it would really be stupid if i had to turn off all the connections every time i want to take a simple picture. thank you.

P.S: I did all the firmware updates to the camera and all the other b.s. and nothing seems to help but turnin off the internet.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones