Vibrant is not handsfree friendly?

Last Updated:

1. d1mz

d1mz New Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Vibrant on Saturday and have been more than satisfied with it. However there are a few quirks than can be a little annoying.

It seems as if this phone is not hands-free friendly when it comes to cars. I set it up to connect to my Infiniti G37 and it worked fine, however once i turn off the car and turn it back on it recognizes the connection but does not connect to it. The only way for me to get it working again is delete it from memory and set it up again. Maybe someone is having similar issues or can share some advice.

P.S. Bluetooth hands-free worked flawlessly on my BB 9000, so I know this system is not faulty.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Man you got bluetooth in your car and have a infiniti g37 and a Samsung Vibrant? I am jealous lol

Maybe disconnect the bluetooth before turning off your car and then turn it on when you start it. Possibly could solve your problem and save battery.

3. d1mz

d1mz New Member This Topic's Starter

Will try, but I am not optimistic about it.

Thanks

4. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

No problem let me know if it works out for you.

5. mike3000

mike3000 Member

I have a g37 sedan and the vibrant as well...i have no issues. make sure it is in the first position of phones paired to the car

6. Daedalus

Daedalus Well-Known Member

I have a Kenwood deck in my car with BT. I found that it will not reconnect with the deck unless I manually connect it. Now if a call comes in it will connect.

7. jwinton

jwinton New Member

bluetooth random drops
    my vibrant links to the bluetooth in my 09 acura just fine but randomly drops bluetooth link. call stays on phone but not car speakers. then after a few minutes picks up the bluetooth link again. i've tried deleting phonebook etc etc.
    the bluetooth in the acura worked fine on my blackberry so i don't think it's the car
    any ideas ??
    jeff

8. Daedalus

Daedalus Well-Known Member

Bluetooth devices just may be incompatible the BT is my car deck works fine with my old 8320 BB but does not work well with the 8900 or any of my android phones

9. kbohip

kbohip Well-Known Member

I've had a lot of problems with my Vibrant and my BT connection with my Pioneer AVIC nav. system. It will stop working for say a month, and then inexplicably start working fine again for say another month. This month it's been working so I'm happy now.:p

10. psz

psz Well-Known Member

Vibrant's BT works fine in my 2011 Genesis (No Nav System, everything still works)

11. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen with my high end bluetooth earpieces (upgraded from the low end ones since I thought that was the problem, nope). Good news is that the problem went away when I installed the Axura ROM, which is Android 2.2. Not sure if it's the ROM or Froyo (probably Froyo), but your problem should go away when T-Mobile releases the update unless you install a custom ROM first.