• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibrant stuck at first logo screen, only boots to normal recovery

My friend got a Samsung Vibrant today and wanted me to help him root it and get a custom ROM for it. Well, the rooting went as planned, but after he tried to install a ROM, it gave him an error and shut off. Before this, he formatted all his partitions, making it impossible to boot into any usable ROM at all.

Now, I've done stupid things like this with my Droid before, so I knew how to get back to working order with Clockworkmod Recovery. The only problem is, this time, Clockworkmod apparently didn't stick around. He was accessing it just fine before, but now it seems to have reverted back to the stock recovery.

I'm not really sure what to do at this stage. I tried downloading the Clockworkmod zip online, renaming it update.zip, and hitting Reinstall Packages, which acknowledges the zip's presence, but always boots back to stock recovery.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones