Vibrant without Android Keyboard...

Last Updated:

1. 4u2nvinmtl

4u2nvinmtl Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a Samsung Vibrant GT-i9000m from Bell Canada with the FFC. Some how I no long have the Android Keyboard in my list of input method's (long pres on text input field) or in settings -> Locale and Text -> Select Input Method -> Swype or Samsung Keypad (only). My phone is unlocked (i bought the unlock code form Bell directly) and I used the one click lag fix for rooting the phone. I'm unsure when I lost the Android keyboard but I know for a fact I never deleted or uninstalled it. I can only assume that the bell unlock code or the one click lag fix rooting app are the cause of the missing input method.

Does anyone know where I can download the Android Keyboard? I've searched a bit but Android Keyboard give a vast variety of results even on the app brain and market.

Many thanks in advance for any answers! :)

Advertisement
  2. 4u2nvinmtl

3. 4u2nvinmtl

Disregard the Droid X keyboard port its a 114mb file clearly not just the Keyboard I'm looking for.

4. 4u2nvinmtl

I just got a replacement Vibrant from bell after sending the first one off for repairs and it still is a different lay out from the one bell advertises with Google voice search widget. Vlingo has only gotten better with time and i no longer care about the missing voice search... Thanks

5. coasterman927

coasterman927 Well-Known Member

You can try installing Vlingo, it comes with a keyboard that basically is exactly the same as the Android keyboard, the only difference being the microphone key launches Vlingo voice recognition rather than Google's.