• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibrant won't flash ROM!

boothten

Lurker
Feb 27, 2011
Alright, I'm pretty new at this all rooting/rom flash stuff still, so I have lots of questions...

I'm have a rooted Vibrant running 2.2 froyo (it's incredibly slow/laggy, which is why I decided to root it and get a rom and whatnot)
I'm trying to get a rom flashed on here, but I've encountered a problem.

I'll start with what I've done so far.
I'm rooted, I used superoneclick.
I have ROM manager and titanium backup.
I go into rom manager, do the flash clockworkmod recovery, I'm on 2.5.1.2
I have the update.zip and bionix.zip both on my sd card.
I go to install the rom, check backup existing rom and wipe data and cache.
I click ok, it reboots it, gets me into recovery.
THIS is where I have trouble. I scroll down to reinstall packages, it looks like it starts to work but reboots the process all over again and takes me back to the recovery menu.
I think I've hit reinstall packages about 10 times in a row, and it just won't do anything...

I searched on another wesbite, found the 3e recovery installer, did that, and the result is the same.

Help? What am I doing wrong here?
Do I just have to deal the lagginess or is there some way of fixing it?

I don't want to have to use Odin if I don't have to, but I have a feeling like it may be my only choice to get the rom on there...
:(

PS, I'm terribly sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section. I hope a mod can move the thread if it it.

Don't select "reinstall packages" - select "install zip from sd card".

Hi All,

I'm a noob at this so I apologize but I'm tearing my hair out. I feel like I'm so close yet something's not going right.

I'm getting the same issue as Boothten did. I did everything he did, but the option to "install zip from SD Card" doesn't show up once I'm in recovery. My only option is to "reinstall packages", which just reboots the phone.

I'm running a rooted Froyo 2.2 Vibrant, the files Update.zip and Bionix Next Gen V2.zip are both in /mount/sdcard. What am I doing wrong?

Help!

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I'm a noob at this so I apologize but I'm tearing my hair out. I feel like I'm so close yet something's not going right.

I'm getting the same issue as Boothten did. I did everything he did, but the option to "install zip from SD Card" doesn't show up once I'm in recovery. My only option is to "reinstall packages", which just reboots the phone.

I'm running a rooted Froyo 2.2 Vibrant, the files Update.zip and Bionix Next Gen V2.zip are both in /mount/sdcard. What am I doing wrong?

Help!

I experienced a similar problem. I will post the location of the batch file in a follow-up post.

I experienced similar problems with my rooted T959 that I updated update to Froyo using the VKB5 baseband. Every time I tried booting into CWM recovery it failed, no matter how many times I tried. The source of my trouble was that the Samsung recovery was version 3e which uses signature verification, so every time I tried moving from Samsung's recovery mode into CWM's recovery mode, the signature verification would fail and I would be stuck.

I finally found the solution that I was looking for. I used a batch file that I found at XDA that reverts the T959 recovery from 3e to 2e.

I used a Windows 7 computer to run the batch file and the installed anti-virus/malware tool blocked the batch file from running properly until I forced the scanner from blocking it. After that the batch file ran successfully and the problems were removed.

Upvote 0
I experienced a similar problem. I will post the location of the batch file in a follow-up post.

I experienced similar problems with my rooted T959 that I updated update to Froyo using the VKB5 baseband. Every time I tried booting into CWM recovery it failed, no matter how many times I tried. The source of my trouble was that the Samsung recovery was version 3e which uses signature verification, so every time I tried moving from Samsung's recovery mode into CWM's recovery mode, the signature verification would fail and I would be stuck.

I finally found the solution that I was looking for. I used a batch file that I found at XDA that reverts the T959 recovery from 3e to 2e.

I used a Windows 7 computer to run the batch file and the installed anti-virus/malware tool blocked the batch file from running properly until I forced the scanner from blocking it. After that the batch file ran successfully and the problems were removed.

The batch file can be found in this XDA thread. I hope it solves your problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones