Vibrant won't sleepSupport

Last Updated:

1. LoweredStandards

LoweredStandards Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After receiving a text or having a missed call, the phone will not sleep. The screen stays on...

What is the problem? Is this common?

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

It's note common. Try resetting the phone.

3. LoweredStandards

Did a power cycle on it,

heres what I just figured out.

When I change the settings so you have to drag the puzzle piece, it will sleep after a text comes. But if I take that setting off and a text comes and I dont answer it, the screen just dims but stays on. Which makes no sense because I have the timeout set at 15 seconds. Shouldnt it timeout and sleep no matter what if I havent touched it??

Maybe the puzzle lock feature needs to be on no matter what?

Did a factory reset on it just to be sure. It said that it will erase all saved data and downloads, but interestingly enough, the JI6 update remained on the phone, I was pleasantly surprised :)

4. rbcamping

rbcamping Well-Known Member

Mine does the same thing. I think its part of the update and is a way for the phone to notify you. Its really stupid.:confused:

5. LoweredStandards

I'm assuming they all do it then. I dont really have a problem enabling the puzzle lock feature, just figured the phone would sleep no matter what after the set timeout. Very odd and very stupid, but not enough for me to dislike the phone.

6. MobileBurn

MobileBurn New Member

Are any of you guys running Advanced Task Killer or similar apps? That was the cause of the issue with my phone once the recent Vibrant update was applied. Just finally figured it out. I theorize that ATK is killing a process that sleeps the display.

Disabling the task killer and restarting had our Vibrant sleeping properly at all times, with or without the puzzel piece lock screen.

-Michael Oryl, editor of MobileBurn.com