2. vuvision

vuvision Well-Known Member

Oh boy, here we go again. :rolleyes::cool:

Princesstechy likes this.
  3. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

4. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

If you knew how many times we have heard this same discussion here, and seen that video, you would understand.
    Let me sum it up for you.
    There are several posters here who will argue on your side, that the Vibrant is s amazing that NOTHING can scratch it's tempered gorilla glass, and then there are those of us that believe until glass screens are made of diamonds, we will continue to put screen protectors on our touchscreen phones. The end.

5. saamlee92

saamlee92 Well-Known Member

well, i think it depends on each one. The gorilla glass is strong enough to resist daily use and i dont think that someone will use a knife to navigate o.o
    If you take care of your phone, it'll never get scratched.
    But if you want to put the protector cause you feel more secure doing that, you just can do it.

Personal decision.

6. presence06

presence06 Well-Known Member

It's cool that the phone has this awesome Gorilla Glass display. But I haven't dropped my phone and haven't rubbed it on anything other than clothes/pocket. I've looked at the screen when it's clean and under sunlight I can see hairline scratches, 2 actually on the screen. Only visible under bright light or sunlight. They aren't visible with normal use of the phone which is good.

Just saying, it does get scratches. But not a big deal, used an iPhone for over a year without a screen protector and had a few very light scratches on that as well.

Just my 2 cents.

damewolf13 likes this.
  7. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Man, I didn't think posting this (especiall the article that was only written today) would be an inconvenience to anybody. For those who agree with me, and who like me didn't see a similar article in the first couple pages of threads, it's a fun and useful fact to know.

By the way, I haven't seen any threads whatsoever that explain exactly -why- the screen is scratch resistant, like the article I posted does. I've seen threads asking, "Do I need a screen protector?" and the like, with responses of popular protectors to get, but no cold hard evidence as to if one is really needed for a person's individual uses.

8. Princesstechy

Princesstechy New Member

Making similar threads that already exist ruin the forum experience. This video and similar topic have been beaten to a pulp. Please use the search function next time before posting similar threads and videos.
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-vibrant/132743-read-me-before-creating-new-thread.html

Can the moderator please move or delete this thread.

lexluthor likes this.
  9. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Thread has been closed because it is a duplicate thread...

kbohip and damewolf13 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.