Vibrate alertsTips

Last Updated:

1. sprtsfanmm

sprtsfanmm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my Droid X for about a week and cannot figure out how to get the phone to vibrate when a txt/chat/email arrives when the phone is set to silent. I have checked all the setting and vibrate is checked everwhere and the phone still does not vibrate when a new alert come in. any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Good question. I use Handcent and checked it to vibrate only when phone is set to vibrate for texts...still not vibrating. I'd love to know if it's something we're missing or if there's a bug.

3. Zumi

Zumi Well-Known Member

Do you have the little icon of a phone with vibration coming off of it or the bell that is X'd out? (or something similar)

I have mine showing the vibrate mode on (beautiful widgets provided) and my phone vibrates just fine when receiving new texts.

4. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Vibrate mode on mine. Probably missed a setting along the way. I had to do a factory reset to fix a ringer bug, so I had to go thru all my settings and all my apps to redo it all. I am sure I missed something somewhere, but I can't find this one... :(

5. drock09

drock09 Member

i had the same problem then i finaly figured it out. open your text messages and then pess the hard menu button. screen on the bottom should pop up and then press messaging settings.

Order No.925 likes this.
  6. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Awesome thanks! Cant believe I never saw that-- been wondering for weeks. I always tried to set it through the main settings/sound.

7. sprtsfanmm

sprtsfanmm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks i will. Check out those settings

8. drock09

drock09 Member

No problem

9. Order No.925

Order No.925 Active Member

Hrm, this doesnt seem to be working for me. Is the little vibrate phone supposed to be showing at the top of the phone??

10. drock09

drock09 Member

do as stated above and also make sure your phone is on vibrate for calls. the little phone should be at the top too.

11. Order No.925

Still not working.

12. drock09

drock09 Member

13. Order No.925

Nothing really, just a green light starts to flash at the top of the phone. Does it matter that i installed the handscent sms app. now?

14. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Audio Manger allows you to enable/disable this option via its widget and a simple tap of a checkbox. You can do it for the ringer, as well as alerts. The checkboxes sit right above/below one another.

15. Order No.925

I have AM with the boxes checked. I think ive done just about everything i can in order to get the phone to vibrate for incoming txts but still nothing.

EDIT: FINALLY figured it out. Thanks for the help guys.

16. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Mind letting the rest of us know how you fixed it, in case someone else comes around here having the same issue?

AudioManager works fine for me when setting the alarm or ringer to vibrate when going off. I don't understand why it wouldn't do anything for you unless you had another application changing the vibration settings and overriding AudioManager.

17. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Yeah, how'd you figure it out?

18. Order No.925

Well to be honest it might have been a little bug with audio manager. I had the boxes checked for vibrate the first time, and it didnt work, I unchecked it and re-checked it again and it worked just fine. Through out today its been vibrating when i get my txt's.

19. supersales5

supersales5 Active Member

Actually i do have a question about this option. If someone could test this let me know. I do not want to have my text messages vibrate so the option in text messaging setting is uncheck. But if I was to use the controls from the volume button to set the volume and I goto the Vibrate option my text messages do not vibrate.