1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Vibrate for Text messagesSupport

1. vjetti

vjetti Active Member

I already checked the box for "Vibrate when messages are received" under Messages -> Menu -> Settings -> Notifications. I have the phone in Vibrate mode. Still only the light flashes when new texts come in, no vibration. I can't find any other menu that would have an effect on this. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. tonyhillock

tonyhillock Member

Im having the same problem. It vibrates for any other notifications but not for texts. Im the type that has vibrate for everything.(I hate loud annoying ringtones!) But i never know when i get a new text unless i constantly check the phone.

Anyone have any answers?
  3. tonyhillock

tonyhillock Member

Anyone????
  4. jamjr

jamjr Member

Vibrates for me.
  5. unccman

unccman Well-Known Member

Ok, played around with some settings and got us an answer.

- Open Text Messages (or All Messages)
    - Go to Menu --> Settings
    - Click Notifications
    - Select the check mark beside Vibrate (4th from the top)
    - Enjoy the Good Vibrations
  6. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Lol. You might want to compare what you quoted (what the OP did) with what you suggested, they are identical. Looks like he already has that setting checked.
  7. unccman

unccman Well-Known Member

Wow. I suppose I should have paid attention. I feel like such a moron.

I will, however, say that mine wasn't working before and after following what turned out to be the OP's steps ---- it works now. :)

Thanks, OP!
  8. vjetti

vjetti Active Member

I started this thread on my 2nd day with the phone. I think on the 4th day, it just started vibrating for texts without any further setting changes other than what is listed. Not sure why it just started working.

On a side note, the the Vibrate on this phone is much quieter than on my previous phone, the original Incredible.