Vibrate IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. phoenixus

phoenixus Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 2, 2010
    2 weeks ago, my girlfriend bought a brand new LG ally. As soon as we turned it on, we were prompted to install a new update (the LG update, version 8).

The phone then worked perfectly for 4 days. Now though, vibrate doesn't work at all. We noticed the problem after I tried to turn on vibrate notifications for her text messaging. It did not work. Then I noticed that the haptic feedback no longer worked. I doubled checked to make sure both options were checked, and the volume was not muted.

Her sounds and ringtones still work perfectly. She hasn't installed too many apps (a couple of games, tikl, a few official apps). I've rebooted the phone multiple times and pulled the battery out for thirty seconds. I've also removed the SD card.

Then, the phone started vibrating normally again. It will work for a day or two, then it just won't vibrate anymore. Then it will come back on again for a day or so.

Has anyone else run into this problem running version 8? I've done some research on the internet, and I've found a few other people reporting this issue. I don't want to waste the time returning the phone, if it's just going to happen again you know?

2. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Jun 25, 2010
    i havent noticed the issue on my ally it sounds like a defective phone. try returning it?
  3. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Yeah heard this issue before here once, guess you gotta make a trip to Verizon for a new phone (a certified like-new one with all the stickers and everything still on it)