Vibrate keeps turning off for notificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Spaded21

Spaded21 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The vibrate for my notifications keeps turning off by itself. I downloaded sound manager and using this app I can turn it back on, but a little while later it is already turned off again.

I'm thinking it must be an app turning it off, but I have gone through each one and can't for the life of me figure out what is causing this.

I did a hard reset after 2.2 and it went away for a few days but now its happening again.

Advertisement
  2. Spaded21

bump

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Just to double check...in Sound Manager you did Menu > Vibrate Settings > Both options set to "vibrate whenever possible"?

4. Spaded21

Yes, then I dont touch my phone for an hour or two, and when I go to check the setting again, it has gone back to never vibrate.

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Wow, haven't heard of that one yet. Can I ask what apps you are using for email and texting?

Also, assuming you have it set to vibrate for calls/notifications at Menu > Settings > Sound

And do all vibes not work or some things do and others don't?

6. dukedroid

dukedroid New Member

Similar issue on my Incredible. The checkbox in the system-sound-volume screen keeps re-checking itself to show that notifications have the same volume as ringtones, and I keep having to go back in and uncheck it. Worse since 2.2.

7. sudtle

sudtle New Member

I am also having this problem with Incredible running 2.2. Phone will vibrate on text or voicemail notification but not on incoming calls. When I check the option under Menu > Settings > Sound > Vibrate and try to call the phone, it doesn't vibrate and the setting is automatically unchecked again.