Vibrate notification of text while on voice call?Support

Last Updated:

1. carrottop

carrottop Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, newbie around here ;)

Just got my Fascinate and want to know if there is a way to have my phone audible/vibrate alert me when a text message comes in while I am on a voice call. I left my daughter sitting at school for 30mins the other night since I didn't see the message until I hung up from my voice call!

If I can't find a way to have this feature I might have to switch to the X!

Help!

Advertisement
  2. sswbrn

sswbrn New Member

Handcent SMS has the option of selecting vibrate or tone notification while on a call.

3. carrottop

OK, that is great! Once I install that is it possible to uninstall it and get the stock text messaging system back if I don't like the way it functions? Looks like mixed reviews on that app.

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Many people like Handcent, I dont personally use it but its very popular for a reason.
    You can always uninstall an app you installed. Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>go to the app and Uninstall

5. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

When Handcent is installed, don't forget to go one last time into your stock messaging app and disable the notifications (tone and notification bar) or you will get double notifications every time you get a text message. ;)

Handcent is so customizable, I've never gone back once I started using it. :)

6. carrottop

Oh yes, I will disable those notifications. Thanks!

Just one dumb question....How do I access the Handcent mail system easily without going into the Application screens? Remember Newbie here :confused: :)

If this works, all will be MUCH better!! Won't need the Droid X afterall!

THANKS!!

7. xliderider

Handcent can do a pop up screen when you receive text messages, and you can reply from right in your pop up window. :cool:

You can also assign different notification tones for each contact, so you would know who the text is from.

You can also put a Handcent widget directly on your homescreen that will show you how many unread messages you have (it will also show in your notification bar as well if you like).

8. carrottop

Cool! I was just checking it out!

Can I replace my green messaging icon on my home screen with the Handcent icon? How do I do that? Or should I not do that until I know I want to keep Hancent? I did find directions for how to make Handcent as your SMS default.

9. xliderider

As posted previously, disable notifications from your stock messaging app. You can choose different colors of handcent icons to display in the notification bar.

I wouldn't worry about disabling the stock messaging app notifications, you can easily go back in and enable them if you decide to uninstall Handcent.

10. Rdes69

Rdes69 New Member

Ok new to smart phones, so sorry in advance. I had the D1, for 30 days and switched to the SF. How do you get to the messaging app to disable the notifications(tone and notification bar)?

11. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Opening Messaging app>Menu>Settings>Notification Settings>Display message notifications in status bat = uncheck it. Then under Select ringtone put silent. And while we are at it you probably wanna uncheck vibrate as well

Rdes69 likes this.