vibrate notifications?Support

Last Updated:

1. johnnygreek

johnnygreek Member This Topic's Starter

Im not getting any vibrate on my incoming emails or notifications, I went into both email and messages settings and selected vibrate and still nothing. I cant believe this phone cant vibrate and ring or vibrate and sound at the same time with incoming calls,messages,or emails like my blackberry pearl and many other phones I've used. Ultimately I want both vibrate and sound on everything, am I missing something here?

Advertisement
  2. taylor7667

taylor7667 Active Member

I'm having the opposite problem... I have vibrate turned OFF on everything...including notifications and I still get a vibrate on my notifications, but not incoming calls. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind....I figured this out by searching through this forum. You can set notifications within each application. In my case, Handcent SMS has its own settings.

I love this forum!

3. taylor7667

taylor7667 Active Member

As I posted above, you might try the settings for each individual application. The phone has its own settings as do the email and sms programs.

4. johnnygreek

johnnygreek Member This Topic's Starter

i did go into every email and message app and vibrate is checked on all and still no vibrate on incoming mail.

5. onilink

onilink Active Member

download sound manager, it fixes this issue

johnnygreek likes this.
  6. lobug

lobug Banned

I am also having this problem. Phone vibrates on power on, so I know the hardware works. Haptic feedback works, and the phone vibrates once when you put it in vibrate mode to indicate it's switched.

It does not vibrate for calls or any text messages, no matter how hard I try to get it to work. I downloaded and tweaked the vibrate settings in sound manager -- thanks; some cool schedulers to play with there.

Thoughts?

7. lobug

lobug Banned

Fixed it, somehow.

8. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

i'm still having this issue. for both text and email

edit: i just did a hard reset and now it's working. so try a hard reset for anyone having similar issues and see if that fixes your issue.