• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibrate on SMS

Wuverul

Jan 30, 2012
I was wondering if this was normal to the phone/OS, but.. When I get an SMS or an email (or any other alert) it refuses to vibrate in silent. I've tried a few apps a while back with no luck. The phone is rooted and currently has the stock rom. Heck, I've hardly done anything WITH root.

I was wondering if this was normal to the phone/OS, but.. When I get an SMS or an email (or any other alert) it refuses to vibrate in silent. I've tried a few apps a while back with no luck. The phone is rooted and currently has the stock rom. Heck, I've hardly done anything WITH root.

From the home screen. hit menu, settings, sound settings, vibrate, ALWAYS.
Then go into sms and gamil and menu, setting, vibrate, ALWAYS.
Hope that helps..

Upvote 0
Since ive had this phone Im unable to send or recive mms, but i can text fine and send pics to email and facebook. I have it with Straight talk. I have called them 4 times about this but they are to no help. Is there any thing eles i can do. Or is there a setting i dont have right. I have redone my APN settings 3 times to make sure they are right.

Upvote 0
Since ive had this phone Im unable to send or recive mms, but i can text fine and send pics to email and facebook. I have it with Straight talk. I have called them 4 times about this but they are to no help. Is there any thing eles i can do. Or is there a setting i dont have right. I have redone my APN settings 3 times to make sure they are right.

You have data turned on? it is under network settings.

Have you tired your SIM card in another phone to see if data works? If not you need a new card.

If nether of these work well your bumped to the top for someone else to read.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones