Vibrate only for emailSupport

Last Updated: 2012-07-15 21:07:44
  1. racinjunkie

racinjunkie Member

I was finally able to get the email sound and the text sound to be different but I really only want the phone to vibrate on new email (I get way too much email to have it make noise for every one) but I can't seem to find this. Anyone with more experience on this phone know how I can do that?

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

It should be the same place where you set the email sound. You should be able to choose silent for the notification sound (It should show up in the list with all the other notification sounds) and turn on vibrate.
  3. racinjunkie

racinjunkie Member

Yeah, you would think that but there's no option for vibrate or even "none" in that menu, just the list of ring tones.
  4. Unforgiven

Let me take a peak at my wife's tonight and see if I can find it. She doesn't get home until after 8:00 PM EDT so it may be later tonight before I get back.
  5. Unforgiven

I took a quick look and couldn't find anything (accept that she has been ignoring updates:rolleyes:). I'll hunt around some more.
  6. Flmgo

Flmgo Well-Known Member

My wife just got a Rhyme. I think this will work:
    Settings > Accounts & Sync > Mail (select individual accounts if you have them) > Notification Settings

From here you can turn notifications on or off alond with selecting sound (on / off) and Vibrate (on / off)

Hope this helps
    Unforgiven likes this.
  7. racinjunkie

racinjunkie Member

>
    Thanks so much for the help!!

In case someone else needs this I needed to take another step
    Settings > accounts & sync> Gmail> account settings >notification settings
  8. racinjunkie

racinjunkie Member

ok, this kind of worked and kind of didn't. I followed these instructions and sent myself a test email and I got a sound and an email icon, but then seconds later I got vibration and the gmail icon... so it seems that somewhere there's an htc mail setting that's still set to give sound notification. Anyone know where I can find that setting since I don't use htc mail??
  9. racinjunkie

racinjunkie Member

Ok, I found the htc mail app and actually deleted the account but the dang thing is still notifying me through that app both with sound and with an icon and I'm not getting gmail notifications...
  10. racinjunkie

racinjunkie Member

Ok, here's the final solution in case anyone else has this problem:

email app> menu> more> tap the account you want to change> Labels to notify> Inbox> from this screen you can choose vibrate always and for ringtone choose silent