Vibrate Settings Changed after 2.2 UpgradeSupport

Last Updated:

1. TXDroid

TXDroid Member This Topic's Starter

I've got a Droid. Just upgraded to 2.2. Went smoothly. However, I notice there seems to be a setting change with 2.2.

On 2.1, I had the following sound steps:

• LED notification only
    • LED and vibrate
    • Audible steps
    It appears now, I have silent or audible. And vibrate goes off in an all or nothing setting. I have lost that middle step of vibrate with no sound.

Am I missing something? I've tried all vibrate settings and when using the volume bar, it doesn't seem to find that particular mid-step.

Anyone else seeing this?

Advertisement
  2. jellyhead

jellyhead Active Member

I'm assuming your talking about notification alert settings. I did a manual update to 2.2. I have these options for messaging and email.
    -Always
    -Only when silent
    -Never

For the general vibrate options I have
    -Always
    -Never
    -Only in silent mode
    -Only when not in silent mode

When I use the side volume button I still get the vibrate only when the volume is off. Tested it on a call and text with the ringtone at half and full volume, it vibrates on both. It seems to me they just changed the wording but the options are the same

- Ringer/vibrate off = LED notification only
    - Ringer off/vibrate on = LED and vibrate
    - Ringer/vibrate on = Audible steps

Not sure if this is what you were asking about.

I also use an app called AudioManager so I don't know if that makes a difference. Sometimes apps can change settings that aren't available through the android UI.

3. TXDroid

You're on the right track. Using the side control, I used to have the following

• No alert, LED only
    • Vibrate and LED only
    • Audible
    It was handy to just be able to bump the button once to get to either vibrate or silent, depending on where I was.

In 2.2, the options using the side control are:

• No alert, LED only
    • Audible
    The vibrate and led option are gone.

I've downloaded Audio Manager to see if that will give me the option that I want, but I'm disappointed in the change of the bumper button.

4. TXDroid

5. pie

pie Member

I'm with you, I dislike that I can't go from silent to vibrate with the side button. Pretty annoying when you're used to something and they change it all of a sudden, especially something so simple.

6. jc3191989

jc3191989 Member

Is there a way to change the vibrate settings such as on 2.1 with my mesmerize when I received a text it went vibrate, pause, vibrate. Now with 2.2 it only has one long vibrate duration. Was curious if there is a way to change the setting on that. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.