Vibrate - so, if it's on, it's always on?General

Last Updated:

1. Jevid

Jevid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Been playing with this and pretty sure I've answered my own question, but wanted to see if anybody found a solution. If you set something, let's say messages, to vibrate, it vibrates even when the phone isn't in vibrate mode. In other words, in normal mode - you'll get an audible alert and vibrate. If you turn off vibrate for messaging, then switch the phone profile to vibrate, the phone doesn't vibrate for messages.

So it seems like it's all or none - vibrate always on, or always off. Is this what others have found? I tried installing Quick Profiles and creating profiles but the behavior is the same. Is there an app that has more granular control and can actually control vibrate?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Jevid

I'm just bumping this to see if anybody has found an App that actually solves this problem? Then again, I find vibration on the Eris essentially useless, so maybe it's not a big deal. I'm considering turning vibration off completely and just switching between audible & silent when necessary.

Still, I am curious if anybody has figured out how to do this.

Thanks ....

3. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Use Ear for switching profiles. You can control Vibrate. Between that and Chomps SMS, I can individually control volume and vibration for phone, alerts and mail. :D

4. Jevid

Oh man, thanks so much! I tried two other profile switchers and neither of them properly controlled vibration. Now my "normal" profile doesn't have to vibrate, which is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!