Vibrate stopped working..?General

Last Updated:

1. twixxy010

twixxy010 Member This Topic's Starter

So my Eris has been working fine with Handcent SMS for 2 months now, and all of a suddenly it decides to stop vibrating when I receive text messages. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, using Chomp, and even resorting to just plain Stock and the vibrate notification still doesn't work. The sound notification still goes off, and its not a hardware problem because when I set my phone's volume to Vibrate Only, its vibrates. Anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member

i have the eris and it vibrates on messages.
    i guessing you already went to your handcent program via the programs button, clicked on menu and went to settings to make sure. other than that i have no idea. GOOD LUCK

3. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

If you cant figure it out I would do a factory reset.

4. twixxy010

twixxy010 Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, things aren't looking good so far. Do you know if I would have to re-activate my phone if I factory reset it?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

5. Raptorcrewdawg

Raptorcrewdawg Member

No, you will not have to do the initial activation. It will prompt you to re enter your google acct. info. You will also have to program the phone for your area...if memory serves me correctly, the phone prompted me for that too. ( it dialed *228 then option 2) . Once that was done, I downloaded my apps again.. synced my contacts and was done....
    It WILL NOT WIPE your AF card so no worries about losing music/pics etc.. from it

6. dantis

dantis Member

Did you try a factory reset? Mine has done the same thing, no vibrate on SMS with Handcent and on email notification, but vibrates fine in vibrate mode...

7. stuckpig

stuckpig Well-Known Member

Try loading up the default SMS application and going to the settings menu (while not actually inside of a message view) and enable the vibration from there.

Handscent might use the system default. Worth a shot.

8. dingermtb

dingermtb New Member

Same thing happened to me, using ChompSMS. Had to do a factory reset

9. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

Happened to me. Download Sound Manager from the market. Open it, click Menu and then vibrate settings and change the settings to your liking. No factory reset needed.