1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

vibrate stops workingGeneral

1. n813ca

n813ca Well-Known Member

my vibrate stops working when I am typying and if I tap the back of the phone it starts working. Anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement
    :
  2. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Get a replacement its a hardware issue. I had the same problem except all my vibrate for calls, haptic feedback, and anything else that vibrates would cut out randomly
  3. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

So it works sometimes but not all the time... How is that a defective phone? Software drives the hardware. Likely a bum app or sw glitch.
  4. carracerz14

Be cause the vibrate motor is obviously going bad.

Especially when I did a factory reset and it still did it from the minute I turned it on, and if he has to tap the back of the phone to get it to work that's a dead give away that it's hardware.
  5. setty383

setty383 New Member

I have a Droid Razr and I have vibrate on touch in setting selected and when I text or something the phone will quit vibrating sometimes. Once in awhile I found the phone will deselect vibrate on touch sometimes but today I found the other times if I gently hit the back of the phone it will vibrate again, which makes no sense. I e- mailed them and will let you know what they say.
  6. setty383

setty383 New Member

Talked to Motorola they have not even heard of this problem. Had me try some things over the phone that did not work and I am still having the problem. There last answer was to return my phone to factory settings and reboot everything and if that doesn't work call them again!!!!!!
  7. carracerz14

Why don't you just call Verizon and get a replacement?