Vibrate THEN ring?Tips

Last Updated:

1. joehornback

joehornback Well-Known Member

I know this may sound trivial, but is there a way to get the EVO to do a vibrate pattern THEN ring? My last dumb phone had this feature and it really helped me catch phone calls when I was driving and couldn't 'hear' the ringer. Seems the vibrate part of this phone is lacking a bit. It also allowed me to catch phone calls many times before the ringer rang outloud in our office!

Advertisement
  2. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Maybe there is a 3rd party app that can manage all that? Otherwise I dont think its a built in feature. I know the BlackBerry was great for stuff like that.
  3. pxbaroni

pxbaroni New Member

Not exactly a full fix, but try two things and see if it works for your needs. It does mine. Download Ringriser it’s free on market..it rings at the lowest setting first then increases, and if your phone is set to ring and vibrate this will work similar. Also check the setting on your Sound and Display to have the Quiet Ring on Pickup. This allows you to shake or move the phone when it vibrates and it will stay on the lowest ring, or just choose to pick up or ignore. Not a full fix, but works in meetings even if your ringer is obnoxious. Hope it helps...it works for me in meetings. Even simply checking the Quiet on Ring helps if you have single sound style ringtone.
    joehornback likes this.
  4. joehornback

5. mcl1981

mcl1981 Well-Known Member

If you use custom ringers, you can just add X seconds of silence to the begining of the audio file.
  6. joehornback

that's a good idea, but I change ringtones too often to keep up with that :)
  7. ygpark80

ygpark80 New Member