• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibrate VERY weak on some 3rd party apps

vivekm1

Lurker
May 29, 2012
I've tried to install various third party apps for SMS/texting (Handcent, Go SMS, etc) for various reasons but I always have the exact same problem with all of them: the vibrate on these apps is EXTREMELY weak. I can barely feel it even if it is in my hands. The stock messaging app vibrates perfectly fine.

Other third party apps (i.e. scramble with friends) work perfectly fine with the powerful vibrate.

Any help? Can't seem to find anybody else with this issue so maybe its something I'm doing?

Thanks, in advance!

PS. I have the Samsung-released GB update on my phone.

Thanks for the response Yohannie,

I don't know because I didn't try to install any third party SMS apps until after I got the gingerbread update.

It seems to only be a problem with the messaging apps. (the soft vibrate occurs with all of the following - Skype, Kik Mesenger, Handcent, SMS Chomp, Go SMS).

Again, any help is appreciated!

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones