Vibrate won't turn offSupport

Last Updated: 2011-07-08 18:58:26
  1. zanthal

zanthal Well-Known Member

'allo, just getting my new Optimus V set up.

I have all Vibrate settings set to Never and unchecked (there's two of them that I can find), and yet still when I unlock the phone, I get a little vibration

I search far and wide to find a solution myself before I go posting a help thread, and I couldn't find the answer to this one.

If anyone has any general tips, I would be happy to know'em :) I've already gotten down the adjustments needed to conserve battery power, so that much is set.

Advertisement
  2. zanthal

I have another unrelated Optimus V question.

When I 'Touch to Select Music', no songs appear, which makes sense, I haven't downloaded any or added any to the memory card.

Do I need to add my music files to a certain folder on the memory card?

Thanks for the help
  3. ajgates92

ajgates92 Well-Known Member

First: Do you have another lockscreen such as widgetlocker in use? Or any similar app?

Second: I simply created a folder on my sdcard and named it "Music" the app automatically added my music that I put in the folder into the music player.
    zanthal likes this.
  4. zanthal

Thanks,

no there's no app or widget that refers to locking. The phone came pre-loaded with several apps and none of those do either.

Heading into another question:

Do you need to use the Market widget in order to launch all your apps? Also, there's a News feed that appears to be uneditable that's part of the main menu on the screen to the left, and I'd sure like to add some preferences to that.
  5. ajgates92

Do you need to use the Market widget in order to launch all your apps?
    : Nope. Just go into the screen where all the apps are and simply click one and it will open.

As for the news feed. That is a stock news feed that comes with the V. I simply got rid of it as soon as I got my phone, so I don't know how to edit it, if you can. I'm sure if you look up news in the market there will be tons of news feeds and other apps which offer a news feed.
    zanthal likes this.
  6. zanthal

Ah, duh, thanks. Thing was confusing me for a minute but now I'm set.

Thanks!
    ajgates92 likes this.
  7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

If you decide to root your phone(gingerbreak apk will do this with no computer,ulike Z4root which doesn't work on the "V")there's an app called Titanium backup that will freeze an app,or you can use App Quarantine.These apps leave the system apps installed,but keep them from becoming an annoyance.You can keep system apps, which at the very best you might be able to move to the sd card,from popping up on one of your screens.Plus if you use a different launcher or browser(skyfire is the only one that will let you play the flash content on a web page)then it will keep you from getting the annoying box that ask you to choose from the default or yours.Never delete a system app...So if you don't like that pathetic "News and weather" and want to install something better from the market, for now just long press on it and drag it toward the bottom of the screen(a trash can icon will appear) until it changes color to red then let go.It will still be in your app draw(it doesn't actually get rid of apps it just moves them off the screen)
  8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Yes, you can edit that news feed.

Tap the widget to open it. It should open to the weather.. if so, use your finger to slide the screen to the right. Once you are on the News page, click on your Menu button, go to Settings, tap News Settings, tap Select news topics. Untick any news items you don't want, and tap Custom Topic to add your own. For example, I put in Lifehacker to get their news feed. That's pretty much it. ;)
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  9. Augustus_4

Augustus_4 Member

About the vibration when unlocking it's called haptic feedback. Wish I could tell you how to access it but my phone's in a root glitch so I couldn't.
  10. melim

melim Disabled

It's in the sound settings as well. Unchecking it (or Screen Lock Sounds) doesn't seem to make that little vibration when you unlock the phone go away, though; just tested it by checking and unchecking both and really didn't feel/hear a difference. You won't even notice it after a while, zanthal.
  11. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Well-Known Member

The only way I've found to turn it off is on aosp. You would have to root your phone and flash aosp cm7. It has a lot options and customizations. Just beware, rooting will void your warranty. Also aosp does have a few bugs. Bluetooth doesn't work quite right, the wired headset doesn't work, and auto focus and zoom on the camera are broken. But everything else works great, and battery life if pretty good.
  12. ajgates92

^Autofocus was fixed in AOSP :p
  13. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I don't know why people keep trying to push root all the time. Meh.

You don't need to root to remove the vibrate from the lockscreen. Widgetlocker will do this for you (and lots of other nifty things can be done with your lockscreen). This is the first app I ever bought, and it's the best 2 bucks I've ever spent on this phone!