VibrateSupport

1. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Well-Known Member

Confused a little here, and this is probably because I've used an iPhone and BlackBerry for so long.

Anyway...

If I switch my Samsung Infuse to the vibrate\silent mode, when calls, emails, text, tweets, facebook, google+, and other items come through, shouldn't it vibrate?

I've noticed that in some apps, like twitter, and facebook, there are options to turn on vibrate. BUT, if I do this, and the device is set to 'sound', then it tends to vibrate, too when a new notification comes in for that application.

Bottom line is, I want when the device is set to silent\vibrate ALL notifications come through as a vibrate. But, if I have the device set to 'sound', ALL notifications come through as sound.

Does that make sense? And thus how can I achieve this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

This is a prime example of what I refer to as "overkill customizable" nature of android...

There actually isn't a way to do what you wish to accomplish...each application has it's own settings ...the system is only going to handle "system" notifications
    naviwilliams likes this.
  3. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Well-Known Member

..so Mr Ed. you typically either have sound on for EVERYTHING, or not at all?
  4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I am an attention whore..so sound is on for everything...and everything has a different sound ... I use zedge to dload or ringtone trimmer and or audacity to make my own ringtones...

everything has it's own unique sound so I always know what is what.

The only way to "silence all..is to use "silence all"

I do that when I am in a meeting etc...just hold down the volume all the way down i think.