Vibration has stopped altogether.

Last Updated:

1. Jeph Ghost

Jeph Ghost Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After TWO hard resets I cannot get my Evo to vibrate in any way shape or form. It vibrates upon hitting the power button on initial boot up and that is all. It won't on notifications, haptic feedback, ringing, etc.

Truly upsetting.

Advertisement
  2. Jeph Ghost

Upon further review, it feels like the Evo is "trying" to vibrate, but I can only get it to manually vibrate by occasionally hitting the volume button all the way down to silent mode.

Because of this I can't tell if it's a hardware issue or software. Don't forget though, hard resets don't work.

3. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

Had the same problem man and someone helped me out here. You are not alone. This has been an issue with quite a few people. I was directed to download an app that will fix it.

Sound Manager
    Sound Manager - Android app on AppBrain

Download and install this and there will be a vibrate option for messages or whatever you want. Set it to everyday and you will be good to go.

Hope this helps. It worked for me.

4. Jeph Ghost

I've tried every app under the sun, there's something else wrong here. The phone can vibrate so I really don't understand why the haptic feedback isn't working. After going through countless Palm Pres, I'm not in the mood to start swapping out Evos.

If I put my ear to the phone when hitting one of the four buttons at the bottom, I can hear the tiny motor trying to vibrate, but nothing significant happening. You'd think the motor was fried or something, but the Evo still vibrates when I tap the volume button all the way down and on a reboot during the white Evo screen.

Any advice, anyone???

Maybe haptic feedback and and ring vibration are two different motors? That's all I can think of.

5. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

I would take the phone back in for an exchange, i know it is a PITA tho.

6. Jeph Ghost

PITA?

UPDATE: Confirmed HARDWARE failure from Sprint Store. I'm awaiting stock for an exchange.

7. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

lol, the P in it is for pain.. you get the rest. :D