Vibration intensitySupport

Last Updated:

1. st230

st230 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm currently using an iPhone 3G and have plans to move to Android and more specifically the Desire. One issue I have with the iPhone is that the vibration is too weak to be noticed. So my question is, how is the vibration on the Desire? I used to have a Sony Ericsson P900 which had a tremendous strength on its vibration and I hope the Desire has the same or is at least a lot better than the iPhone. Anyone?

Advertisement
  2. mrbrutesnipe

mrbrutesnipe Member

You want the Anne Summers site....:D

3. ianb11

ianb11 Well-Known Member

I have something off the market called Smart Vibrator that works very well.

It allows you to create you own vibration patterns (no sniggering at the back.........)

4. st230

OK thanks, but my concern is more related to the strength than the pattern. What's your experience with the Desire? Can you feel the vibration while walking if you have the phone in your jeans pocket? No way with the iPhone...

5. ianb11

ianb11 Well-Known Member

All I can go off is my experience & I found that the stock vibration wasn't good enough TBH but since I used the above I've never missed a call, text or email alert.

st230 likes this.
  6. 1981

1981 Well-Known Member

I would say that the stock vibration pattern and strength is good enough at most times. but I have missed a few during a walk or so. but overall its gud. u cud use various apps to alter the vibe pattern according to ur needs.

7. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

I only have mine set to vibrate (my Desire has never made a noise since I got it) and the vibrate strength it very good!

st230 likes this.
  8. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I had the iPhone 3G and found the vibrate was too weak as well. The Desire is stronger, and I don't think I've missed a call due to the louder ringer and stronger vibrate. Being in the shower doesn't count.
    :D

9. st230

Thanks, that's all music to my ears. Now for the $1000 question - can the Desire HD be expected to have weaker vibration than the Desire due to its increased weight?

10. androidphiltn

androidphiltn Active Member

My fiance' says the vibration intensity is "mindblowing". All jokes aside... So long as your pants are not baggy as hell, YOUR GONNA FEEL IT! :)

11. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

That depends on the design engineers. If they compensate for the weight, then they'll use a heavier balance in the vibrate unit. Hopefully they do it right, but no one will know until the model is released.

Personally I wouldn't make my decision based on vibrate modes. It's nice to have a strong vibrate, but I bought the iPhone 3G based on what else it offered. I bought the Desire on what it offered too. The stronger vibrate was a nice bonus, as far as I'm concerned.

12. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I definitely notice the vibration, I almost always missed the calls or messeges on my BB's because the vibration weren't strong enough but I notice it on the Desire even when carrying it in a belt holster and makes a good buzzing sound when sitting on my desk.

13. maxmar

maxmar New Member

Just thought I'd let you know:
    I've actually developed an app called Stopify that is activated if you miss a call/sms/gmail while you are walking. It then waits until you stop walking, and repeats the notification again. It works because you are much more sensitive when you are still.
    You can read more about it here: Stopify

14. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

Nice idea, but no way am I going to pay

15. maxmar

maxmar New Member

Glad you like the idea. Yes, we've heard similar opinions from others, so we have now lowered the price.