• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help vibration problems

jazzo

Lurker
Jul 14, 2011
Chaps, I have a bit of a funny problem here. Basically I have a gtI-9000 with cyanogen 4.0.1 installed
(about a year ago or so). Everything has been ok till a few days ago, when I realized I couldn't set the
vibration pressing the volume down key. Basically now it skips completely the vibration option and goes from
sound directly to mute (before there was a vibrate option between sound and mute.)

I had a look on the net but I couldn't find anything speicific to my phone. I am sure it is not a bug because it has
worked till a few days ago. Couple of things I should mention:
-I haven't installed anything recently that could have affected the the vibration I don't think (I dont' have any
sound manager, Llama or things like that)
-In Setting--> Sound--> SIlent mode I can still select Vibrate, but after I press the volume up to enable the ringtone, if
when I press volume-down it skips the vibrate again, going directly to mute.
-I have tried to select and deselect "Vibrate and ring" option, no joy

I have no idea what's going on, what do you guys recommend? On my old android phone (gti-5700 android 2.2) I remember there was an
option that reads something like "allow vibrate option when preee the volume down button" (well slightly less
verbose I think) and I thought I could find something on my gti-9000 too, but I couldn't!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones