vibration with incoming text message

Last Updated:

1. gixx

gixx New Member This Topic's Starter

anyone know how to turn it off? after the update to 2.1, this feature seems to be gone. seems the only way to turn off vibration when receiving an incoming text message is to put the phone on silent. but then you miss incoming calls.

also, my htc weather widget doesn't work either. keeps saying "no weather data available", no matter if I have the mobile network on or Wi-fi. anyone else having this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I assume that, since you're talking about the 2.1 update, you're using a Sprint (CDMA) hero. So I've moved this over to that section of the forum.

(If I'm wrong and you're talking about a custom GSM ROM then I'll move it back :) )

3. gixx

nope, you're right. my bad. didn't know there were two different sections for the phone, but thanks for putting it in its proper place. :)

4. FdxRider

FdxRider Well-Known Member

Open your message app then menu>settings>scroll down to received messages you will see Vibrate uncheck the box. also on that screen you can turn off Vibrate when sending.

Simatta likes this.
  5. Simatta

Simatta New Member

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! I was getting ready to smash my phone against the wall from the constant text buzzing.

Thank you for lowering my blood pressure.

6. gixx

thanks for the reply. I did find it after about an hour of running through everything i could think of.