Video and no audio

Last Updated:

1. g2red89

g2red89 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've shot several videos from my phone, and I can hear them perfectly when I watch them on my phone. But just now I uploaded them to my PC with hopes to delete them from my phone to clear space, but there's no audio. Whats up with that? :eek: Is there some kind of update or something I need to make sure my vids can be seen and heard elsewhere other than my phone? Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. DanDroid

DanDroid Well-Known Member

I just made a test video and transfered over to pc. It played in Windows Media player with no problem, video and sound.

Which OS are you running? Could be a codec problem perhaps.. Not sure. I'm running W7 Ultimate 64x & WMP 12.

3. g2red89

Really! Wow, I have windows 7 too and its 64bits. I guess it Is a codec thing. Was there some kind of update I possibly missed or something?

4. DanDroid

DanDroid Well-Known Member

Not that I know of. There was a MR update for the device back in November, you should be at software version 1.56.651.2.

WMP 12 is supposed to have built in support for playing a bunch of file types, including the .3gp files. You may want to have a look here.

5. g2red89

I fixed it. I had to download a video conversion tool, but I got it to work. I guess my computer wouldnt let me play the 3gpp files, but as long as I can watch them somehow, I'm good. Thanks for the replies.

6. spiffyjiff

spiffyjiff Active Member

somewhat related...anyone know why i can view vids from my old phone (HTC diamond, WinMo) BUT there's no sound? fyi, there is sound when i take vids with the hero and playback so i know it's not a volume issue.

???