Video calling on Desire?

Last Updated:

1. 4ngi3

4ngi3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does the Desire have a front camera for video calling? I just noticed that theres no option to make a video call from my phoen book. oh dear, someone please tell me that the camera is so small that i can't see it??

Advertisement
  2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

With a complex arrangement of pulleys, gears and mirrors.

The Desire doesn't have a front facing camera. Honestly, no-one really used the video calling feature anyway. I had a K800i, it has a front camera. In the 3 years I had it, not a single instance was there any reason to video call. Not that anyone else had a phone with a front camera anyway. It ended up just clogging up with dust.

3. 4ngi3

4ngi3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

oh no way.. crap i used to use video calling but not heaps. oh well i'm sure i can do without it

4. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I used to have video calling but only used it once to try it out. It just never interested me tbh

5. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member

I had video calling on my Pixon, never even bothered trying it out...

6. SurfXombie

SurfXombie Well-Known Member

Stand in front of a mirror?

7. carbonara

carbonara Well-Known Member

Yeah, video calling seemed a feature mobile manufacturers and networks tried to peddle a few years back, no one was interested though. We all had phones with front facing cameras but everyone I know, including myself only ever tried it once to see if it worked and that was it.

I just don't think video calling works as a concept in a mobile environment. It's fine on Skype when you're sat down for a conversation with someone but with a mobile a lot of the time you're walking along etc and a video just doesn't work in that situation.