Video Calling (with 2.2)Support

1. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if anyone has found an app that lets you make video calls using the front-facing camera on the Streak that work with Android 2.2. Apparently fring used to work when 1.6 was on the Streak but doesn't any more.

Anyone?

Advertisement
  2. Streak2

Streak2 New Member

3. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Well-Known Member

Have u tried tango? I use that to connect my evo to my wifes iphone 4. Its probably the bestvid call app right now and the dev was really when I had issues with it. Not sure if it'll work on the streak, but I hope it does because I'm probably gonna pick up the streak when I switch back to att.
  4. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member

Get OoVoO. Just tried it today and its the only app I found that works.
    LukeOlson likes this.
  5. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member

I don't believe Skype has integrated video calling into their Android app just yet.

Yes, I tried Tango. It works for the rear-facing camera on the Streak, just not the front-facing camera. I believe they are eventually going to make it work with the Streak, but it doesn't yet.

I'll give it a try. Thanks.
  6. Pyridox

Pyridox New Member

My friend has a dell mini5 but the front facing camrea still wont work in Oovoo either.
    Any program for video chat or a fix for this?
    its a softbank 2.2 android
  7. Pyridox

Pyridox New Member

Btw. Is it possable that my phone provider,softbank,is blocking the usage of the forward facing camera?
  8. bigtoysrock

bigtoysrock Well-Known Member

No its 2.2 on the streak.
  9. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Use the quotes Luke!
  10. bigtoysrock

bigtoysrock Well-Known Member

Why? If it was ment for any post other than the one right above mine I do boss. So....
  11. glococo

glococo New Member

By gMail/gTalk, answer is simply, -> NO application is XMPP Voice & Video compatible.

gTALK use XMPP protocol. Voice&Video over gTalk => (XMPP-Jingle).

You pay 500USD for a tablet that cant MAKE A SIMPLE CHAT VOICE CALL.

Who use XMPP?
    gMail/gTalk, Facebook, Ovi Nokia, Jabber, NEC, and many many many companies.

To be sincerious, my Nokia n95 with Talkonaut (xmpp compatible client), I can make VOICE & VIDEO CALL. With a mobile of pennies instead of 500USD.

That's a SHAME.

SHAME ON YOU GOOGLE.

We are still waiting an XMPP Client with Voice & Video.
  12. aconrad86

aconrad86 Well-Known Member

Tango does work on the Streak. My girlfriend both have streaks and we use it all the time. just press the camera button in the top corner and it will flip it around. the button can be hard to see but its there