• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Calling

In Sweden it rather looks like the past (it was after all introduced with 3G in 2003). A decent amount of people used it a few years ago (over the 3G net, not just wifi) but the usage of it these days seems very limited. I've basically stopped using it, even though I have free video calls to everyone on the same operator. Still I wouldn't mind if I could get an app for it for the Galaxy S since who knows, I might start use it again and options are always good. I doubt it will ever catch on big here though.

Same in the Philippines. When 3G from 'SMART' (carrier) was introduced almost 3-4 years ago, 'SMART' to 'SMART' video calls as they call it was available. I don't think a lot of people used it on a regular basis.

Upvote 0
I think he means with most video call cams it shows a mirrored image like well looking into a mirror ? lol. So if someone or something was behind me on my left they would appear to be on my right on the screen.

nope its not mirrored goto 6:15 you can see the guy on the right

YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S software - AndroidCentral.com#!

FuTuRe, I do not think you fully understand the concept of right and left. In your video, at 6:15, you can see that a person to the right of the camera man is touching the phone and on the phone's video feed he is to the left of the camera man. This is a mirrored image.

Upvote 0
FuTuRe, I do not think you fully understand the concept of right and left. In your video, at 6:15, you can see that a person to the right of the camera man is touching the phone and on the phone's video feed he is to the left of the camera man. This is a mirrored image.

no i obviously confused you! i meant it is mirrored and not 'backward' as the guy was asking!

Upvote 0
if you actually read the original question that was asked you would understand! he was asking if it is not mirrored but use the word 'backwards'.
So the original question was if it is 'not mirrored'? Lets take a look at the whole discussion again:

Original question was:
ya it does have a VGA front facing camera.. cool!
is it backwards though?

And later he asked it again:
so no one could confirm if the phone's front vid cam is backwards?? LOL

Then you asked, as I would have, what does this 'backwards' mean:
ok what do you mean backwards!???

Then Smg came and gave his interpretation of what it means, comparing it to a mirror image:
I think he means with most video call cams it shows a mirrored image like well looking into a mirror ? lol. So if someone or something was behind me on my left they would appear to be on my right on the screen.

Then the original asker agreed that he meant a mirrored image:
^^ ya just like the evo 4g.. its front cam is "mirrored" LOL

Then you came and said it is 'not mirrored':
nope its not mirrored goto 6:15 you can see the guy on the right

Then I said that the image is in fact mirrored:
In your video, at 6:15, you can see that a person to the right of the camera man is touching the phone and on the phone's video feed he is to the left of the camera man. This is a mirrored image.

Next, you informed me that you actually meant the image is mirrored and NOT 'backward' as the guy was asking. This seems to indicate that a mirrored image and a 'backward' image are two different things.
i meant it is mirrored and not 'backward' as the guy was asking!

I asked how they are different:
Oh please do elaborate on what this 'backwards' means and how it is differend from a mirrored image.

Finally you just said again that 'backwards' in your opinion means not mirrored, without giving any clue as to what their differences are.
he was asking if it is not mirrored but use the word 'backwards'.

So to recap. You originally said it's not mirrored when you actually meant it is mirrored. The goal of my original post was to point out the fact that the image is mirrored, but apparently I was too confused to understand that when you say its not mirrored you actually mean it is mirrored.

Short version: The Galaxy S front camera produces a mirrored image, exactly as if you would see yourself in a physical mirror.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones