• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help video calls - how do I get set up?

bc_co

Jun 3, 2010
OK, I'm a tech toolbox. Now, with that out of the way, yes I did search for previous how-to threads and found none.

Video calls w/ the Evo - how do I get this set up? Do I have to pay a monthly fee - god knows I'd sure like to avoid that. I just got Tango - but the quality is horrific - but getting it set up was stupid easy.

Qik? Fring? How do I get this going? My wife just got an EVO too, so I'd love to get this up and running.

Thanks much in advance

I've made clear calls on both wifi and 3G with YM while being miles away from the other party. If every video app you try is choppy, maybe you have a reception issue or some other problem? Try making the calls over wifi (preferably the same wifi) if possible and see if the video quality of either app improves?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones