video calls - how do I get set up?Support

Last Updated:

1. bc_co

bc_co Member This Topic's Starter

OK, I'm a tech toolbox. Now, with that out of the way, yes I did search for previous how-to threads and found none.

Video calls w/ the Evo - how do I get this set up? Do I have to pay a monthly fee - god knows I'd sure like to avoid that. I just got Tango - but the quality is horrific - but getting it set up was stupid easy.

Qik? Fring? How do I get this going? My wife just got an EVO too, so I'd love to get this up and running.

Thanks much in advance

Advertisement
  2. bc_co

OK, I just put FRING on my phone - they want to charge $ 1C/minute??? That's BS.

Someone tell me there's an easy way to do video calls fo' free...

3. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

Try Yahoo Messenger (in the market). You can video chat from phone to phone or phone to desktop. Quality is great too, just don't forget to download the video plugin as well.

4. TMAG-FM

TMAG-FM Member

Also give Tango a try.....it is a handsfree video chat unlike Qik.....and iphone 4 users can download it to cross-service with droid types!!!

5. bc_co

see original post about Tango.

Thanks - installing yahoo IM now.... (and vid)

6. bc_co

OK - got yahoo to work - was pretty choppy - not unlike Tango- works though. I did my call on 3G

anyone have crystal clear vid calls w/ just 3G?

7. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

I've made clear calls on both wifi and 3G with YM while being miles away from the other party. If every video app you try is choppy, maybe you have a reception issue or some other problem? Try making the calls over wifi (preferably the same wifi) if possible and see if the video quality of either app improves?