• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video calls on htc salsa

Is it possible to make video calls from htc salsa?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• tried n it works

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have recently purchased an HTC Salsa for my wife from O2. The specs say that it can make "Video Calls" however I have spoken to HTC and it cannot make standard "video calls" as defined by the UK networks. Many other phones including my own Nokia N8 can! To use the front facing camera to make video calls (ie internet video chats) you have to install Fring or Tango or one of the other video chat apps. As Tango does not work on Nokia phones I have installed Fring which works ok (note that you have to enable video calls in the Fring settings for it to work).

I have complained to HTC and O2 that their adds are misleading as the Salsa can not be used to make standard network video calls.

Reactions: priyared
Upvote 0
I have recently purchased an HTC Salsa for my wife from O2. The specs say that it can make "Video Calls" however I have spoken to HTC and it cannot make standard "video calls" as defined by the UK networks. Many other phones including my own Nokia N8 can! To use the front facing camera to make video calls (ie internet video chats) you have to install Fring or Tango or one of the other video chat apps. As Tango does not work on Nokia phones I have installed Fring which works ok (note that you have to enable video calls in the Fring settings for it to work).

I have complained to HTC and O2 that their adds are misleading as the Salsa can not be used to make standard network video calls.
so have u tried fring? did fring work for u???

Upvote 0

Can we do such complete in consumer court for this type of fake adds by HTC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones