Video Camera app finally!!!!

Last Updated: 2009-10-21 20:53:53
  1. Moxymo69

Moxymo69 Active Member

So finally a video camera app is out on the market, pretty decent. Promises of bug fix and overall update in the next 5 days in good to know. Question is, has anyone else gotten it and it makes ur G1 sound kinda like a computer. Let me explain, when im phone is on, sense i downloaded the app, i can hear my phone running, kinda like how u can hear ur computer run, it makes wierd little sounds like its computing something, kinda weird i know. Kinda bugs me but i'll survive, anyone else having this problem though?

Advertisement
  2. chuco469

chuco469 New Member

No I havent had that problem but the problem I had was that it only worked once then would force close every time thereafter.. :confused: Also the original camera app would no longer work so i uninstalled and still didnt work so I had to reset my phone.. :( But the one time it worked it did what it was supposed to :) but I think he/she just made the app to do a photo burst anyone else??
  3. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

It's pretty cool in theory, but a few nitpicks personally: It doesn't save out to a video, it saves to a folder of pictures... how are you supposed to play it back besides in the application?

Seems kind of rushed. And like mentioned, I've had a few force closes, it seems like it only works for a few seconds, maybe 20 at most.
  4. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

yea i get that sound even when i try to make calls now. its really annoying. it totally happened right after i downloaded the app. dies anyone get the pop up screen that says a new update is available in the market when you open the vid rec?
  5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I have not installed this app, but I have a similar sounding app called "Continous Shoot" ... it takes 30 pictures as frames and then processes them afterward. You can view each frame or in continous run but also viewing is only within the app.

The app had none to the side-effects described above ...
  6. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I use continuous shot...I found that it works great if you turn the rendering to just 5 shots, instead of 30.
  7. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Wow, yeah, that's not a video recorder, then, is it? Good thing I unistalled already. Worked once for me.
  8. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Did you try the app "Continous Shoot" ?
  9. 1lysheep

1lysheep New Member

Installed the app, and found it to be obnoxious, so I unistalled...:p
  10. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

No, not interested in continuous shoot. I can wait for real video, my Canon is better, this would just be a "nice to have" feature on the G1.
  11. elitexv

elitexv Member

It also messes up your camera app causing it to force close on opening. I had to reset to factory default.
  12. StarLog

StarLog Well-Known Member

Is does force close a bunch, and the pop up for update available, is crazy.

It takes ok video, but as mentioned no way to offload to a PC.

Believe I will uninstall it now, that I learned it is just a FAST camera reel.
  13. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

Anyone else also noticed that it seems like the jpegs it outputs to are corrupt? Can someone confirm?
  14. CrazedLeper

CrazedLeper New Member

The developer did warn that some of the pics would be corrupted. I appears to be an unavoidable side-effect of whatever he did to make video into pictures. Usually there are relatively unusable shots in a set. If you're seeing more than 1:10, you probably have some other problem.