video capture

1. senorschmidt

senorschmidt New Member

I am trying to display my xoom screen on my pc. But, I need to have a live view of the screen. I have tried the SDK but you need to refresh the window to show the updates on the screen.

I can't root the xoom either, mostly because it is a work device and I can't risk bricking the thing. It is a xoom with Jelly Bean on it.

So, does anyone know if there may be a mini hdmi to usb or firewire? I have used the hdmi out on the xoom to show the xoom screen on my TV.

I eventually want to record a screencast of my xoom to make an instructional video, but the xoom screen cannot be a static image that needs to be manually updated. It need to be a live feed essentially.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I have no idea if you'll see this since its so late. But I'll post anyway.

Amazon.com: StarTech.com PCI Express HD Video Capture Card 1080p - HDMI/DVI/VGA/Component TV Tuners/Video Capture (PEXHDCAP): Computers & Accessories

This should technically work for what you want. Unfortunately, that's as cheap as they get. And I'm not even sure if its a good card. Unless you are doing this for a Youtube video series thing or are willing to pony up the cash, you might be better off using a video camera pointed at the screen.

Is it professional looking or offer the best results? No. However, its the next best thing if your on a tight budget.

And before you ask, there is no such thing as HDMI to USB/Firewire cables. If they do exist, they are non-standard. USB 2.0 doesn't have enough bandwidth, and Firewire is probably pushing it too.