video chat on android

Last Updated:

1. donovanb09

donovanb09 Active Member

Say I have a motorola droid and my friend as the htc g1, is there anyway we could video confrence or chat since we both have android OS? Or a website we could go to to see eah other at the same time?

Advertisement
  2. Geoponic

Geoponic Well-Known Member

No inward facing camera.

So even if the camera was pointing at you
    you wouldn't be able to see the screen

so no

no app will make this possible

unless you can plug a mini usb webcam in

i doubt it'll happen

sorry

just Gtalk?
  3. Nbcrompton

Nbcrompton Active Member

I know that there is no forward facing camera. But what is on the top Right corner of the screen(portrait) to the left of the blinking red/green light?? There is a spot on my screen protector cut out so it wont cover it.????
  4. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I believe that would be the proximity sensor (to turn off the screen when putting the phone to your ear)...
  5. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

That is the facial recognition blah, blah. All it does is turns the screen off during calls, so you do not inadvertently press something with your face while on a call.
  6. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

It also works as the light sensor for auto brightness...
  7. Nbcrompton

Nbcrompton Active Member

When I make a call and cover it with my finger it doesnt go black till I cover the whole top part of the screen.
  8. Pfister07

Pfister07 New Member

I'm not so sure where that sensor may be. One day the sun hit my phone and I noticed 2 more sensors of some sort in the upper left corner of the phone as well. Anyone know what those are? Take a flashlight to it and you'll see it too. :confused:
    Thanks!
  9. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

You and your friend could try qik
  10. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

I was gonna say Qik as well. I used it over the weekend. I went to VA to visit family and I shot some videos and emailed them to my Mom in another state and it was like she was there almost. The only delay in time was uploading the video and sending the video as an email. Now obviously she is only seeing what I am sending.
  11. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

itd work but ya may as well set it up as a base somewhere, maybe on the dock! but it kinda makes no sense, cant see each other